+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport to renew TRV to an office inside Canada while physically outsid

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am in Canada as a student,
my wife has a valid work permit but she went to our home country to see her parents,
now her TRV is expired and she wanna come back,
the procedure in our home country is complicated, needs more time, supporting documents, etc.
I am thinking to ask my wife to send her passport to me and I send an application for TRV renewal to vegreville CPC (as if she is inside Canada and I am her representative), and once the passport stamped I will send it back to her,
is it a mad idea ?
is it risky ?
does anybody heard about similar case ?
thanks for reading,
and let's think together,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MrEnergy said:
Hi guys,
I am in Canada as a student,
my wife has a valid work permit but she went to our home country to see her parents,
now her TRV is expired and she wanna come back,
the procedure in our home country is complicated, needs more time, supporting documents, etc.
I am thinking to ask my wife to send her passport to me and I send an application for TRV renewal to vegreville CPC (as if she is inside Canada and I am her representative), and once the passport stamped I will send it back to her,
is it a mad idea ?
is it risky ?
does anybody heard about similar case ?
thanks for reading,
and let's think together,
1. TRV applications are sent to CPC Ottawa.
2. They will note her entry stamp to her home country and no corresponding stamp for re-entry to Canada, and will know she is not in Canada.

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- thanks PMM for concern and reply, you are always there for help, :)
2- you are right, they will definitely realize that she isn't inside Canada,
3- BUT, does that matter for CIC ? we will not argue that she is inside Canada, we will just depend on her valid status, and I am her representative,
4- isn't like the case of visitor inside Canada and sending his/her passport to USA to get Study Permit and Student Visa stamp as if he/she an USA residence?
5- did you hear about similar trial before ?
6- thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
MrEnergy said:
4- isn't like the case of visitor inside Canada and sending his/her passport to USA to get Study Permit and Student Visa stamp as if he/she an USA residence?
Visitors and workers are not comparable.

That is why visitors are not allowed to apply inland while workers/students are.

MrEnergy said:
5- did you hear about similar trial before ?
Yes. Usually CIC checks the passport to verify that you were in Canada by the time the application was submitted. If that is the case, it is irrelevant for CIC if you are or not in Canada by the time of passport request as long as return address is Canadian.

Your problem is that you are trying to skip the line taking advantage of something that is intended to benefit people IN Canada. Following the rules you should apply where you physically are when starting the application.

You can certainly try, and maybe you can succeed. I have seen everything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When they realize that she isn't in Canada, the app will be refused. Moreover, submitting an "in Canada" app when she isn't actually in Canada could definitely be seen as lying to CIC; she could be hit with a misrepresentation charge, have her work permit cancelled and be banned from Canada.

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks, canuck_in_uk, for your comment,
as I said before: I will not argue that she is physically inside Canada, I am even thinking to call CIC call center before doying such risky step,
my wife has a valid open work permit for two years, but she left to see her parents and delayed in return until her Visa has expired,
we don't have problems either in our home country,
and your [good] button has been hit too ;)
regards to ALL

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MrEnergy said:
thanks, canuck_in_uk, for your comment,
as I said before: I will not argue that she is physically inside Canada,
The very first requirement for applying for a TRV from within Canada is:

You can apply in Canada if you are a legally admitted student or foreign worker in Canada with a Canadian residential address

You need to understand that she doesn't qualify because she is outside of Canada. It doesn't matter that she has a valid work permit. She must apply for a TRV through her home country VO.