Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
i would suggest you should confirm woth somebody first. 2 yrs ago, i was coming back to canada from IGI, and the immigration guy askd me some stupid questions first and then he asked my how I got my visa for canada. i dint know we cant send our passports by post. i told him i mailed it to buffalo. he opened the alst page of the passport n askd me to read it which said its illegal to mail out our passports. he told me this is a police case n u cant go back. i was like everybdy ds that m nt alone. he told me but you are the one who got caught. i was like why me??? then he talked to one of his colleagues who was kind enough to let me go. byt i wud suggest confirm with some reliable source first and then send it by mail or courier.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
thanks! I'm not sending it through courier, I'm sending it through my relative who is travelling to India. My question was regarding the medical forms.

kipling122 said:
i would suggest you should confirm woth somebody first. 2 yrs ago, i was coming back to canada from IGI, and the immigration guy askd me some stupid questions first and then he asked my how I got my visa for canada. i dint know we cant send our passports by post. i told him i mailed it to buffalo. he opened the alst page of the passport n askd me to read it which said its illegal to mail out our passports. he told me this is a police case n u cant go back. i was like everybdy ds that m nt alone. he told me but you are the one who got caught. i was like why me??? then he talked to one of his colleagues who was kind enough to let me go. byt i wud suggest confirm with some reliable source first and then send it by mail or courier.

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Since 31st Dec, 2012 :)
Indocanda said:
just one question, did you do the medicals in Canada? If yes, then did you get any other additional forms to complete the medicals in Canada. In the medical request it is written that the request is to do the medicals in India, Bhutan and Nepal. I did not carry any forms, all forms were given by DMP.

Please respond to this.
CIC will mail the requisition letter for medicals to you, which you should take to the DMP in canada.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I have already completed by medicals in Canada with the same medical request that I got from CHC. My question is that would that be a problem as I did not inform them that I'm doing the medicals in Canada even though the my address is Canadian address with CHC and moreover DMP also did not ask any questions to me. DMP just filled the required forms and completed the medicals and I have sent the SECTION A photo copy to CHC.

drdgmmrm said:
CIC will mail the requisition letter for medicals to you, which you should take to the DMP in canada.

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
1. If you have to send it through a courier, send it through the best ones available like Fedex or so. Make sure you check with the courier company that they carry passports coz not all of them do.

2. If you have someone going to India, then nothing like it. Thats the best way you have.

Kind Regards,
Nick

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick Manickam said:
1. If you have to send it through a courier, send it through the best ones available like Fedex or so. Make sure you check with the courier company that they carry passports coz not all of them do.

2. If you have someone going to India, then nothing like it. Thats the best way you have.

Kind Regards,
Nick
Sending through Courier is also Illegal.

If you are sending your PPs through a relative or friend pls make sure to attach an Authorization letter in favour of the person who shall carry the PPs. Many also attach an affidavit so that the person carrying your PPs is not harassed.

Mitali

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I have sent it through my relative and I have given an authorization letter and use of representative form that he will carry when he is travelling.

mitali said:
Sending through Courier is also Illegal.

If you are sending your PPs through a relative or friend pls make sure to attach an Authorization letter in favour of the person who shall carry the PPs. Many also attach an affidavit so that the person carrying your PPs is not harassed.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indocanda said:
I have sent it through my relative and I have given an authorization letter and use of representative form that he will carry when he is travelling.
Thats the right thing to do.....Good Luck :)

Mitali

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
kipling122 said:
Yes, though custom and govt official remain flexable and they normally allow passport to go by post or by friend family hand , but reality is that sending passport away from ourself is illegal in itself.
Passport is ones most imp travel and identity docs. And its only docs which is accepted and recognise by each and every country of the world regardless of your citizenship.

As per law you can not keep any one passport with you , with exception of accompanying minors child passport whom you are legal gaurdian .

But who follow rules in this world. All the best with your visa stamping .

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I am now in the same situation, my issue with I have 8 passports between my folks so even if I write "docs" on a fedex envelope, the bulk will show I have heard 1 case where passport got stuck in the customs

I cant find anyone from Vancouver to send it, I don't even paying $200-$300 as gift