+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PASSPORT to India from Canada!! Please Suggest**URGENT**

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
drdgmmrm said:
Canada Post
Good luck dear
I was planning to send the passport and other docs by courier and read your post regarding sending by Canada Post. Can you let us know as to how long did t take to reach india and did you disclose to Canada Post about sending passport to India?

Thanks.

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Since 31st Dec, 2012 :)
As I mentioned the passports reached Ndelhi in 11 days, which I think is great service from Canada Post on ordinary mail.
For some reason they said I cannot send it by Express post.
Fedex could be another option.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
drdgmmrm said:
As I mentioned the passports reached Ndelhi in 11 days, which I think is great service from Canada Post on ordinary mail.
For some reason they said I cannot send it by Express post.
Fedex could be another option.
Did you disclose the fact about sending passport? I am planning to send it by FEDEX as of today.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indocanda said:
how long it took to deliver it in India?
Hi Indocanada:

He said it took 11 days to reach India. What are you planning to do? I am thinking about using FEDEX. I have to mail the passports by today or tommorrow.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I checked the priorty and express post service of Canada post and they need the phone number of the recipeints if you use the service. the courier would be delivered in 2-3 days. As we do not have CIC number, we cannot use it. Other option is to check wit DHL serive.

Did you got your PCC done as you are sending the documents to India? If you have done your PCC, from which country you applied. PCC is also delaying my process.

glittershine said:
Hi Indocanada:

He said it took 11 days to reach India. What are you planning to do? I am thinking about using FEDEX. I have to mail the passports by today or tommorrow.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indocanda said:
I checked the priorty and express post service of Canada post and they need the phone number of the recipeints if you use the service. the courier would be delivered in 2-3 days. As we do not have CIC number, we cannot use it. Other option is to check wit DHL serive.

Did you got your PCC done as you are sending the documents to India? If you have done your PCC, from which country you applied. PCC is also delaying my process.
I am going to go with FEDEX as i said earlier and i have no option. My mom is here with me from 1.5 yrs and hence had to do PCC for India and Canada. For India did it from the consulate and took 2 weeks and for Canada took 2 weeks as well. I would suggest, mail the rest of the docs and include a letter abt PCC.
Let me know what DHL said?

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I applied for PCC on Nov 12, 2012 and I still have not got that. I will going to consulate tomorrow to explain my situation again. I cannot send the documents as my medicals are pending as they have kepy my passport too. Lets see what happens tomorrow!

glittershine said:
I am going to go with FEDEX as i said earlier and i have no option. My mom is here with me from 1.5 yrs and hence had to do PCC for India and Canada. For India did it from the consulate and took 2 weeks and for Canada took 2 weeks as well. I would suggest, mail the rest of the docs and include a letter abt PCC.
Let me know what DHL said?

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Indocanda said:
how long it took to deliver it in India?

[/quote
just 11 days to be delivered to the Canadian HC in New Delhi]

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
glittershine said:
Did you disclose the fact about sending passport? I am planning to send it by FEDEX as of today.
Yes Canada post was told its my passport ( infact passports of my whole family)

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Thank God.

Have successfully sent the passport from Canada to India by Fedex and it reached the Visa Office safely.

Keeping fingers crossed for all things to be done on time.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
how long it took to reach there and which service you opted to send it from Canada to India?

glittershine said:
Thank God.

Have successfully sent the passport from Canada to India by Fedex and it reached the Visa Office safely.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indocanda said:
how long it took to reach there and which service you opted to send it from Canada to India?
I went with Fedex and just wrote it as Immigration documents. Fedex picked up on Dec 4th and was delivered to ND VO on Dec 7th.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
just one question, did you do the medicals in Canada? If yes, then did you get any other additional forms to complete the medicals in Canada. In the medical request it is written that the request is to do the medicals in India, Bhutan and Nepal. I did not carry any forms, all forms were given by DMP.

Please respond to this.

glittershine said:
Thank God.

vettoorlijo

Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
6th june 2011
Passport Req..
25th june 2011
Indocanda said:
just one question, did you do the medicals in Canada? If yes, then did you get any other additional forms to complete the medicals in Canada. In the medical request it is written that the request is to do the medicals in India, Bhutan and Nepal. I did not carry any forms, all forms were given by DMP.

Please respond to this.
please pray to god to get stamp Visa as early as possible or-else you will be in truble