+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending more information / pictures to visa office

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's alright to send Singapore more proof of relationship (pictures, a flight ticket from visiting my wife, etc) after our application has already been sent out. I went to Thailand a month ago to visit my wife and now she is staying with me in Canada on a temporary resident visa. I would like to send pictures of her with my family. Is it a bad idea to send anything unless they ask for it?

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Will,
I'm just wondering if you are doing an Inland or Outland sponsorship? How long has the process taken thus far for you guys?
thanks,
thaihubbie

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
hi will
i am also going to mail singapore some more information about me and the wife and wounder the same thing that you are.
i am sponsering my wife from cambodia and it has been 7 months in the process now and she is on the interview list.

i will talk more later i have to go now very busy

zeek

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Zeek,
Maybe you can answer my question that I have asked earlier on, on another thread. If your Cambodian wife is on an interview list, does that mean she has to travel to Singapore for the interview?
thanks,
thaihubbie

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
hi thai
the people doing the interview will go to cambodia to interview my wife. a few years ago it used to be that people from cambodia would go to thailand to do there interview and i know some people that did that and the sponser application went threw singapore.
she has been on the interview list since july 7th 2008 so i dont know what is going on.
after my last post i went to mail singapore cost me $70 and should take 6 working days to get there. guess we will find out if they will look at my stuff or send it back, i will let you know

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
thaihubbie said:
Hi Will,
I'm just wondering if you are doing an Inland or Outland sponsorship? How long has the process taken thus far for you guys?
thanks,
thaihubbie
Were doing an outland application. It took about a month and a half from the time I sent her application in till I received my letter of approval to sponsor her. Its only been about a month more and I haven't heard anything from Singapore.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Will,
sorry to intrude but how are you doing an Outland Sponsorship if you are in Canada at the moment? Isn't an Outland Sponsorship done by Canadians residing overseas?
thanks,
thaihubbie

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thaihubbie said:
Hi Will,
sorry to intrude but how are you doing an Outland Sponsorship if you are in Canada at the moment? Isn't an Outland Sponsorship done by Canadians residing overseas?
thanks,
thaihubbie
Outland sponsorship is when the spouse is overseas, inland if the spouse is in Canada.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
willnv,
I think your situation is confusing to most of us but you were clever enough to find a loophole! Correct me if I am wrong ;) but I think you had applied outland for your wife, while you were in Canada and she was in Thailand, and you were approved sponsorship. Your wife then applied for a TRV into Canada, using your sponsorship approval letter from CPC-M to show as evidence, and was approved. I assume the Bangkok embassy allowed this since your wife would have to return back to Thailand at some point in order to eventually 'land' in Canada with her PRV in her passport. I think you called this 'dual intent' in a previous posting.

I don't see any problem in sending additional evidence to visa offices while your application is still in process. CIC asks that if any changes happen, like you move or divorce, that they are notified ASAP and sending important relationship evidence shouldn't be any different. I think anything that may help to swing their decision your way is a bonus. Maybe your pictures are of the first time she met your family? If so, this is very important to show contact with family as well as their knowledge and support for you and your wife.

Good luck to you willnv!

canthai

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
canthai said:
willnv,
I think your situation is confusing to most of us but you were clever enough to find a loophole! Correct me if I am wrong ;) but I think you had applied outland for your wife, while you were in Canada and she was in Thailand, and you were approved sponsorship. Your wife then applied for a TRV into Canada, using your sponsorship approval letter from CPC-M to show as evidence, and was approved. I assume the Bangkok embassy allowed this since your wife would have to return back to Thailand at some point in order to eventually 'land' in Canada with her PRV in her passport. I think you called this 'dual intent' in a previous posting.
Close but not quite ;) We actually applied for a TRV before doing the PRV and stated that I was doing this because I didnt want to be seperated from my wife since I had to return to Canada, and that I would submit the PRV while we were in Canada. We were told that a TRV could / would not be issued until we sent in the PRV and Mississuaga approved our sponsorship. The embassy said they would keep our file on hold for 90 days and when they recieved my sponsorship aproval letter they would issue the visa. I returned to Canada and my wife stayed in Thailand, when I had all the required documents and everything was finished I sent in our PRV application. I got the letter of aproval about 1.5 months later, and I just had to fax it to the embassy and mail in the passport for them to put the TRV in and send it back to my wife. This is NOT a loop hole and the CIC specifically mentions this and calls it Dual Intent. However I think many of the embassys don't realize this, or simply do not want to hand it out. Also technically she does not have to return to Thailand as she could cross the Canada / US border in order to land. However I pretty much had to have a return ticket for her (the border patrol will want to see a return ticket for a TRV) and she will probably need to go back anyways.

I don't see any problem in sending additional evidence to visa offices while your application is still in process. CIC asks that if any changes happen, like you move or divorce, that they are notified ASAP and sending important relationship evidence shouldn't be any different. I think anything that may help to swing their decision your way is a bonus. Maybe your pictures are of the first time she met your family? If so, this is very important to show contact with family as well as their knowledge and support for you and your wife.

Good luck to you willnv!

canthai
Thank you,
I guess its worth it to try and send more stuff to help our case. Yes I want to send them some pictures of meeting the family and also a phone bill because I never had one before since I only used phone cards at first.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Wow! I cannot believe they told this to you and they told me that marriage is not grounds to grant a TRV. I'd love to know who you spoke to and wished I had been given the same information. It would have changed everything. I guess it's just a dart board when it comes to people actually being nice at the immigration offices and it was our bad luck to have that certain IO. Unbelievable...

Thanks for your experiences and hopefully others can learn from this.

canthai

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
Wow! I cannot believe they told this to you and they told me that marriage is not grounds to grant a TRV. I'd love to know who you spoke to and wished I had been given the same information. It would have changed everything. I guess it's just a dart board when it comes to people actually being nice at the immigration offices and it was our bad luck to have that certain IO. Unbelievable...
I applied for the visa and the next day when I went back I was handed a piece of paper stating that they wanted to have my letter of aproval for sponsorship before they would issue the visa. We had just gotten married a few weeks ago and I was very pissed off that I had to return home without my wife. I wasn't going to give up so easily so I said I wanted to talk to somene about the case. I had to wait about an hour for the official to return from work, and from nearly the moment I walked in he ignored everything I said and just kept saying "we can not give you the visa until your aproved for sponsorship, so get started on it now." The only thing talking to him did was make me more pissed off about the way he talked to me and basically insulted me and my wife. I said something to him in the end which ticked him off and he ended up saying "this meeting is over" and stormed away, lol. After I had wished I didnt because I was worried I might have completly messed up my chances of getting the TRV and so I basically aplogized later when I saw him downstairs as we were leaving and asked him if I could still get the TRV and he said yes. I'm pretty sure the man I talked to is the "head boss" for the embassy. He did tell me that me being married to my wife does not give her any rights, all it does is allow me to sponsor her. But he did specifically say that Canada has something called "Dual Intent" and that is why she can get the TRV once we have started the process for PR.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
The same thing happened to me at the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok. After my husband was a refused a TRV the first time I demanded to speak to their superiors. I was told by the rude Head Canadian Officer (probably the same guy you met) that if I filed for the sponsorship immediately that they would issue my spouse a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). I was 6 months pregnant and the main catch was that he said I would have to return to Canada immediately and my husband was allowed to come on his TRP when I was 8 months pregnant and already in Canada!! Obviously we decided against it, I didn't want to be travelling without my husband so pregnant and not knowing if he would actually make it.
But it IS possible. If you apply for sponsorship and it is approved they will issue a TRV even when the PR is still being processed. They just won't tell you about it because they are cold hearted jerks!!