Devon
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2016
My Canadian wife and myself(UK citizen, residing in England) are currently ready to send in our full Outland application for me to move,live and work in Edmonton. We have been slowed down by waiting for necessary documents to arrive that need to be included, and have been told our marriage certificate, license will take 2 months until we receive it.
Should we just send in our application, and explain that we will send the certificate as soon as we receive it, or is it better to wait. we started the application months ago and really want to get things underway -another two months, and then the long wait of processing?

Any wise suggestions please?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
milesp said:
My Canadian wife and myself(UK citizen, residing in England) are currently ready to send in our full Outland application for me to move,live and work in Edmonton. We have been slowed down by waiting for necessary documents to arrive that need to be included, and have been told our marriage certificate, license will take 2 months until we receive it.
Should we just send in our application, and explain that we will send the certificate as soon as we receive it, or is it better to wait. we started the application months ago and really want to get things underway -another two months, and then the long wait of processing?

Any wise suggestions please?
I would recommend waiting. if the marriage certificate isn't in the package, either it will be returned or the sponsor's application will be held until they receive it. i can't imagine they would process the sponsor's application without proof you are legally married. this is a required document, and it's not one they "look the other way" if it's not submitted upfront. they usually only look the other way with police and medical reports.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should also check the CIC website when you do submit the application, to see if any of the forms have been updated.

If you submit an outdated form, the entire application could be returned.