+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending extra documents?

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hello

i want to know if it is possible to send cic extra documents,like new photos,emails,chat logs,phone bills while my application is being processed. its still at the office in ontario they havent sent it to damascus yet,iam wondering if its possible to do so,and if yes,should i send it to the office in ontario or wait till it reaches damascus and send it to the embassy?
i asked this question before but did not get an answer.

your help is highly appreciated

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
To be honest with you, once the documents are submitted, i dont think you need to send additional documents, unless the embassy requests for it. Did you try calling cic? They woud sure guide you in the right direction.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
well,my wife called today and they said she can send extra documents when they send her the approval for sponsorship from ontario. but i dunno i mean did any1 do it before?

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
You should send any additional "proof" etc to Mississauga as soon as possible. Just include a cover letter saying when you submitted the original application, and the full names and dates of birth of both the sponsor and the applicant. They can then match it to your application, and sent it to the visa office.

People do it all the time.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
excellent! then i shoud do it right away.

btw my wife assigned me as her beneficary at her insurance company, you think i should send this info to the cic?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
boujasim! your name as beneficiary is one of the strongest evidence. My appeal was won because of the same reason. the only difference was that i have nominated my wife as beneficiary through my employer who provide me comprehensive insurance. In my opinion, you should wait till your file is alloted a number and you receive AOR from the local embassy. This way it is more safe as you qoute your file number with the additional documents and evidence you want to send. But its my personal opinion.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
great news!!!

you think i should send it to my visa office when my application reaches the embassy?

btw u named your wife as beneficiary after you were refused by the embassy and you won the appeal because of it??

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hello boujasem...

u can send stuff to egypt once they give u ur immigration file number. and you sent htem to cairo office... if u have someone in egypt... let them go to the drop box and u have to clearly write the immigration file number on it or most likley it will get lost.. just be careful...

don't send it to cic-m.. they will not have ur file .. .they only check about 2 forms and if everything is in... but evidence they check it in cairo... if u think these will help u....i highly recommend u send them.... i got my application opened in cairo after 2 months.. keep checking ur e-cas...

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
dear fairouz, my wife just recived her sponsorship approval today and i just registerd to the epas system
am from lebanon not egypt,and i should send the extra documents to damascus.

btw i send it now? or wait till the embassy contacts me?
and do they contact me by email or phone? coz iam traveling to latin america(5 countries) after 2 weeks and i want to know how they would contact me

elve

Nov 19, 2008
Hi there,

Can you guys tell me which number you got hold of the immigration officers. My wife(is in canada) tried calling them many times, but they would hang up, once they picked up the line. Can you let me know, which number you called, the day of the week and times. thank you in advance for your help

elve

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
boujasim, I had named my wife as beneficiary long time ago after we got married but I didnt thought of sending it as an evidence earlier. I didnt realise they will refuse us. So after refusal when we were preparing further evidence we looked into each and everything that could establish the genuineness of our relationship and thats how i was able to think of it.