+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending application tomo Inland. Question about option c printout and temp visa

Uli

Jul 31, 2010
Hey everybody!

I am finally about to send my application. Tomorrow I guess! I am in Canada, got married 4 months ago to a Canadian.

I've got a few questions. Trying to call Immigration Canada but they are so very busy. May be somebody will help me here. PLEASE.

1. My student visa expires on June 30th. On May 16th I applied for an extension and change of stay as a visitor. Then I found out that I can just send my extension application along with the Permanent residency once and apply for an open work permit. But there are only 3 days left before my status expires. Should I withdraw my first (visitor) application and send my worker application with PR application tomorrow? When I called immigration last time they said I should do it before my expiry date even when only 1 day left.

2. Due to Canada postal strike I still didn't get my husband's Option C printout but he has his forms sent to him like T4 and Notice of Assessment. Will it be enough if I write a letter of explanation why can't we provide it?

3. I got refused my student visa two times and finally got it third time but there is no stamp or anything saying I was refused. Should I put that I was refused to enter to Canada? Question 6 in Schedule 1.

Appreciate all the answers