+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending application for PGWP extension to the wrong address

elcholoboritos

Sep 20, 2015
Hello,

I am making this post because I am currently applying to extend my PGWP. Following the instructions at the CIC website, I sent the envelope to the CPC in Vegreville, unit 202, which handles the extension of open work permits with the same employer.

However, I recently found a post in this forum from an individual that did the same application and hot his approved, but in this case he sent it to unit 555 in the CPC in Vegreville. This unit is in charge of working with work permits with new employers.

At this stage, I am not sure if I sent my application to the wrong unit. And if I did, will my application be likely rejected? This whole deal is very confusing and I feel that the website doesn't make it clear enough.

Thank you!

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Hi,

According to your post, you both sent it to unit 202? I think as long as it is in the right office, they can probably send it to the right unit for processing. I am sure officers in charge of processing PGWP are aware of PGWP extension procedures. You also followed the instructions provided by CIC. If the unit is incorrect, it may just take longer. You can probably send a case specific inquiry to let them know if you really believe you sent it to the wrong unit. Hope this helps.

elcholoboritos

Sep 20, 2015
samroc said:
Hi,

According to your post, you both sent it to unit 202? I think as long as it is in the right office, they can probably send it to the right unit for processing. I am sure officers in charge of processing PGWP are aware of PGWP extension procedures. You also followed the instructions provided by CIC. If the unit is incorrect, it may just take longer. You can probably send a case specific inquiry to let them know if you really believe you sent it to the wrong unit. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your answer! I made a mistake! The other person sent it to unit 555. I will correct it inmediatly!