+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

send a new citizinship application before getting it returned ????

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello ,

Sorry again , I also relieved that I didn't sign the residency calculator . Of course they will return it to me . Can I send a new application before they returned it to me ???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MWM said:
Hello ,

Sorry again , I also relieved that I didn't sign the residency calculator . Of course they will return it to me . Can I send a new application before they returned it to me ???
If you are sure that the residency calculator was not signed then most likely the application would be returned. Please wait for application to return back and then resubmit it. You can still resubmit right now if you want but its your personal choice

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
If you are sure that the residency calculator was not signed then most likely the application would be returned. Please wait for application to return back and then resubmit it. You can still resubmit right now if you want but its your personal choice
Thanks , but what about the question did you apply for citizenship before ? what should i write down yes or no ....
do i need to re-pay the fees or i can use the same one , and do i need to mention about the old one , ive just send it 2 days ago pls advise ?
do i need to attach a covering letter and explain ?

pls explain the way if re-submission without waiting the file to get return , 100 % iam sure i didnt sign the res calc , plus i miss even 2 questions in the application forum , the authrization for listing me with voters.

Thanks a lot in advance .

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing happened to us. My wife's calculator wasn't signed. Our application was returned and we received it 2weeks after the initial application was received. Just wait for CIC to send back the package, they will enclose a letter that would outline what's missing with your application.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Juney said:
Same thing happened to us. My wife's calculator wasn't signed. Our application was returned and we received it 2weeks after the initial application was received. Just wait for CIC to send back the package, they will enclose a letter that would outline what's missing with your application.
[/quote

Thanks , but can I re send a new one before they return the old one , as it might take 2 or 3 months to return .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MWM said:
Thanks , but what about the question did you apply for citizenship before ? what should i write down yes or no ....
do i need to re-pay the fees or i can use the same one , and do i need to mention about the old one , ive just send it 2 days ago pls advise ?
do i need to attach a covering letter and explain ?

pls explain the way if re-submission without waiting the file to get return , 100 % iam sure i didnt sign the res calc , plus i miss even 2 questions in the application forum , the authrization for listing me with voters.

Thanks a lot in advance .
wait for couple of weeks for application to be returned. If you can't wait do the following:

1. complete the same application again and attach the same payment information. make sure you check it 100 times and ensure its dated and signed (including application form, residence calculator, cover note etc)
2. write a cover note explaning the whole situation
3. Have you applied citizenship before. Check "No". "Yes" option is for the applicants who's application who have applied before and due to some reason it was denied. This is what has been told by other forum members. If you are not sure, contact cic call centre at 1-888-242-2100

Good luck!

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
wait for couple of weeks for application to be returned. If you can't wait do the following:

1. complete the same application again and attach the same payment information. make sure you check it 100 times and ensure its dated and signed (including application form, residence calculator, cover note etc)
2. write a cover note explaning the whole situation
3. Have you applied citizenship before. Check "No". "Yes" option is for the applicants who's application who have applied before and due to some reason it was denied. This is what has been told by other forum members. If you are not sure, contact cic call centre at 1-888-242-2100

Good luck!
This is the second thread on this subject the OP has started.
Yes, check with CIC, though I would think he would have to answer YES to whether he applied before IF the previous application was assigned a number and entered into the system. If it was not, then answer NO.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
alphazip said:
This is the second thread on this subject the OP has started.
Yes, check with CIC, though I would think he would have to answer YES to whether he applied before IF the previous application was assigned a number and entered into the system. If it was not, then answer NO.
I highly doubt if the incomplete application (unsigned) would be entered into the system. As confirmed with cic call centre, incomplete applications are returned and are not entered into system. They basically said, application returned means application never received.
usually when application is incomplete, cic returns it within 2 weeks or upto 1.5 months. If OP can wait until it returns then well and good and if he can't wait, he can resubmit it.