+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed category

129provailu

Jan 5, 2014
Can anyone give me the answer of the following questions:
1.I want to know what is mentioned in clause 38(1)(c)?

2.By whom would I attested the 'Declaration of Ability and Willingness' letter?by nottary?

3.When should I give the 'Declaration of Ability and Willingness' letter to CIC?with my application?

4.Do I need a lawyer for my deceleration?

5.I am from Bangladesh and want to apply in the self employed category.My daughter is suffering from epilepsy,non communicable disease.She can't move and unable to communicate.Now how can I apply for PR in Canada?What types of additional paper I have to submit with my application?

6.I am a senior video editor (NOC5225).My occupation is listed in the self employed world class culture activities but I have no business experience. Am I eligible?

7.What is the processing time of self employed category?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need at least two years of relevant business experience in the last five years to qualify to apply through self employed. If you have no business experience then you do not qualify to apply.

It will be likely extremely difficult for you to be approved due to the severity of your daughter's condition. As part of the immigration process, she will be assessed to determine if her condition will place a burden on Canada's social and health system. Once her medical results are reviewed, you should expect to receive a letter from CIC which states that your file is going to be refused due to your daughter's condition. You will then have an opportunity to prove that you can pay for the majority of the costs related to her condition or that you can obtain insurance coverage to pay for her care.

There are no processing times posted for this category because so few applications are processed. However based on the experiences here, you should expect processing to take several years.

ubaid0092

Nov 20, 2013
scylla said:
You need at least two years of relevant business experience in the last five years to qualify to apply through self employed. If you have no business experience then you do not qualify to apply.

It will be likely extremely difficult for you to be approved due to the severity of your daughter's condition. As part of the immigration process, she will be assessed to determine if her condition will place a burden on Canada's social and health system. Once her medical results are reviewed, you should expect to receive a letter from CIC which states that your file is going to be refused due to your daughter's condition. You will then have an opportunity to prove that you can pay for the majority of the costs related to her condition or that you can obtain insurance coverage to pay for her care.

There are no processing times posted for this category because so few applications are processed. However based on the experiences here, you should expect processing to take several years.
dear scylla
u can tell me how much funds requirements for Video Editer ,Photographer ,Artist etc

orima76

Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
Doc's Request.
07/30/2014
Med's Request
10/06/2014
Med's Done....
10/20/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM: February 13th; PPR 03/10/2015
Hello, everyone!

I am hoping to apply for the self employed visa. I am on H1B visa in the United States and I get the W-2 form. I work part-time during the four years. NOC: 5243 theater, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers. I also work as self-employed in U.S., but I do not have a tax return here as self- employed. However, in my country, I have a small sewing studio that still working. My experience as a self-employed for 12 years. Do you think, I am a self-employed candidate? Thanks. :D