+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Art Business in USA. Where to start?

aquakej

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,

I own my own business, and have for over ten years. I make enough money to earn a living here in the USA, but I don't have a massive net worth. I'm confused about what path I should take for immigration. I see there are special paths for Self Employed and other paths in the Express Entry. Are they two different things, or is Self Employed part of Express Entry?
If I'm self employed, do I still have to show that I have a certain amount of money in savings? Do I still have to take an English language test? Are there really only two places you can take this English language test in the USA? Both of them are 2,000 miles away from where I live.

Thank you for any help
Katie

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I own my own business, and have for over ten years. I make enough money to earn a living here in the USA, but I don't have a massive net worth. I'm confused about what path I should take for immigration. I see there are special paths for Self Employed and other paths in the Express Entry. Are they two different things, or is Self Employed part of Express Entry?
If I'm self employed, do I still have to show that I have a certain amount of money in savings? Do I still have to take an English language test? Are there really only two places you can take this English language test in the USA? Both of them are 2,000 miles away from where I live.

Thank you for any help
Katie
Self Employment is a separate stream with fairly specific requirements. It sounds like the right path for you is Express Entry. Yes - you must still show that you have a certain amount in savings. Yes - language test is mandatory. No - there are not only two places to take the test in the US (see your other thread).