+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

A24canada

Jan 2, 2024
https://snipboard.io/zuCLXQ.jpg

I applied GCMC notes, and in their notes, it shows the due date of medical is 2024/05/16

but I got no IME medical request letter / no email - what is my next step?

experts who passed medical and got GCMS please reply
probably the visa office may still be processing your application and has not yet issued the medical request. It's possible that they will send the request at a later date
What is mentioned on the first page under the eligibility clause? Has the eligibility been passed and which visa office is processing your application ?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Hi I applied in July 2021 and got Temporary no in Aug 2021 n yet waiting for any update as I haven’t got any so if anyone have update please share your experience….

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
About four months and I got one year from the date of approval. I would highly suggest you make a decision on whether to apply via the student pathway as soon as you can, because IRCC has raised the proof of funds requirement for a student from $10,000/person to $20,635 starting January 2024. That's just for living expenses and excludes tuition and travel.

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/12/ircc-increases-cost-of-living-requirement-for-study-permit-applicants-1241757.html

Groceries are expensive here but we get by because I don't shop at the pricey stores. There are also lots of reduced prices everywhere--for produce, prepared foods, non-food items, etc.--and people take advantage of that to save money. I also walk to and from work, which saves me a ton that I would have otherwise used for transportation. My workplace is a manageable distance at 1.5 km away from my apartment. It's a good daily workout that helps me stay fit as I have a physically demanding job.

Looking to stay in this company for a year to gain full-time Canadian experience and then will apply again for positions in marketing and advertising. It's been difficult to get a job in my field after graduating. And it wasn't just me, but a lot of my other classmates as well. Be prepared for the highly competitive job market here. You might need to take a survival job for now like we have. It's not the best but it puts food on the table.

Sounds bleak; however, I don't mean to discourage you but to inform and arm you. Good luck to all!

Thanks so much for your detailed response! I already started studying in Canada (while waiting for my SE PR app to move) so beat the funds requirement increase luckily. That’s good to know they give you the full year work permit from date of approval too.

I would agree that the cost of living here can be high but also dependent on which area you choose to settle.

Good luck to you as well! Sounds like you’re well on your way to be able to apply via the Canadian Experience Class (good option for anyone else who ends up taking the student path).

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Congrats. What’s your timeline please ?
Thank you! It finally feels like things are moving but I’m expecting at least a few months of silence again after this is all submitted

My timeline is as follows -
Application received in Sydney, NS - 12/24/2020
Temp AOR - 01/15/2021
AOR & application linked to online account - 5/12/2023
Biometrics request - 5/12/2023
Biometrics submitted - 5/16/2023
Medical request + ADR - 1/15/2024

Reactions: markusfranz

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
What happened to those who applied earlier in 2020?

Going back through the posts I see a few people posted about medical requests/ADR and medicals passed in 2023, one person even got PPR and there was someone who had an interview but none of them have posted any updates since and no one has posted about being approved in months! Did they all just stop posting or are STILL waiting for updates after medicals?

@Ansionuk any updates in your chat group?

Reactions: Mandarin0212

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
What happened to those who applied earlier in 2020?

Going back through the posts I see a few people posted about medical requests/ADR and medicals passed in 2023, one person even got PPR and there was someone who had an interview but none of them have posted any updates since and no one has posted about being approved in months! Did they all just stop posting or are STILL waiting for updates after medicals?

@Ansionuk any updates in your chat group?
Wondering the same. Looking to see how long ppl are waiting after submitting ADR/medicals until they get PPR.

Reactions: Taylah

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Wondering the same. Looking to see how long ppl are waiting after submitting ADR/medicals until they get PPR.
Yes me too!! Dying to know what to expect!! From looking back through the forums some people have been approved as fast as one month later! Others seem to sit waiting for 6 months or even a year! But I’m wondering if some people just disappear after getting approved since they no longer really need the forum. There’s definitely a lot more people posting about denials on here lately but most people who get refused seem to get that before their medical request so I’m taking it as a good sign that we’ve met eligibility.

I read that there’s some delays processing medicals but *most* results should appear in your account within 30 days. And I read elsewhere that COPR usually expires 1 year after your medical so I’m assuming we should get our decisions within 6 months of medical submission. I seem to be about 4-5 weeks behind you in the process (possibly same visa office) so keeping my fingers crossed that we both get our decisions by early summer!!

If anyone else who applied in 2020 can update us on their timeline after medicals that would be awesome :)