Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Where are you applying from?
I applied from within Canada, as I was already living up here on an open work permit since 2019 (applied for from the U.S). After that expired I stayed in visitor status for awhile during the worst of covid and then applied for a study permit also from within Canada in 2021 which was granted within 3 weeks so I’ve been working towards a business certification relevant to my job since winter 2022. I moved back to the US briefly after getting the student permit approval for 2.5 months prior to starting the business course. But for the most part I’ve been based here for 4 years now.

I’m hoping since I’ve pretty much been living in Canada full time since I applied that I might not need to resubmit my criminal record/FBI background checks again having left the US in 2019.

Hoping the next step is the medical request and then things will finally move along. But it does seem like applicants from the US and those applying from within Canada seem to be processed slower than other visa offices.

Any updates from any one else who applied in the second half of 2020?

Reactions: tanyaviola

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I applied from within Canada, as I was already living up here on an open work permit since 2019 (applied for from the U.S). After that expired I stayed in visitor status for awhile during the worst of covid and then applied for a study permit also from within Canada in 2021 which was granted within 3 weeks so I’ve been working towards a business certification relevant to my job since winter 2022. I moved back to the US briefly after getting the student permit approval for 2.5 months prior to starting the business course. But for the most part I’ve been based here for 4 years now.

I’m hoping since I’ve pretty much been living in Canada full time since I applied that I might not need to resubmit my criminal record/FBI background checks again having left the US in 2019.

Hoping the next step is the medical request and then things will finally move along. But it does seem like applicants from the US and those applying from within Canada seem to be processed slower than other visa offices.

Any updates from any one else who applied in the second half of 2020?
We just received our permanent UCI last month. They also asked for our passports (submission was through IRCC account). Our application says 100% completed May 31, 2023, but we're still waiting. Have you gotten your UCI yet?

Reactions: Taylah

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Does anyone know any reason why they have not updated the processing time since 22nd August 2023???
Does anyone know anyone who applied in July 2021 and got any update like Permanent AOR or anything??

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
We just received our permanent UCI last month. They also asked for our passports (submission was through IRCC account). Our application says 100% completed May 31, 2023, but we're still waiting. Have you gotten your UCI yet?
Yes I got the AOR/Biometrics request in May and my estimated completion date was May 24th. No news since then. I still have a year left of my program so will probably just go the PGWP route if this application doesn’t start moving soon.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Yes I got the AOR/Biometrics request in May and my estimated completion date was May 24th. No news since then. I still have a year left of my program so will probably just go the PGWP route if this application doesn’t start moving soon.
Yes, I suggest you take that route too and apply for a PGWP. I did and am now working full-time after graduating from a one-year program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylah

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi. I passed medical on 4th August, but have not heard anything since. How long does it normally take for an update? Thanks

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone, We got a mail they were processing our file in 100% in the end of June. Our agent told us before Covid they contacted with you right away at this stage , asking updates and after make the decision. But after covid even though they processed your application the final decision can be made 6 months later…
Crazy…but at list we got our permanent AOR.
I hope it helped.