Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Update! We just received our permanent UCI and application number today, so I was able to link our application online. When I checked our application status, I saw this:

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: December 31, 2020
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: January 28, 2022 -- This was when we did our biometrics back in our home country when we were applying for study and work permits (me and kids - study permits; husband - open work permit). We have been living in Canada for 1 year now.
    • Expiry Date: January 28, 2032
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Application received: December 31, 2020
100% complete
Estimated completion date: May 31, 2023

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Then, right after I linked our application, I received a letter asking for our passports (mine and the children's). They didn't ask for my husband's. I submitted our passports and am now waiting for more updates.

Why does it say 100% completed? Does it mean we're about to receive approval soon?

Wishing everyone the best with their applications! ✨

Last edited:

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Update!!! We just received our permanent UCI and application number today, so I was able to link our application online. When I checked our application status, I saw this:

Applicant information
  • Biometrics:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: January 28, 2022 -- This was when we did our biometrics back in our home country when we were applying for study and work permits (me and kids - study permits; husband - open work permit). We have been living in Canada for 1 year now.
100% complete

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Then, right after I linked our application, I received a letter asking for our passports (mine and the children's). They didn't ask for my husband's. I submitted our passports and am now waiting for more updates.

Why does it say 100% completed? What does it mean?

great, thanks for sharing the update

Reactions: mamasvoice

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Update! We just received our permanent UCI and application number today, so I was able to link our application online. When I checked our application status, I saw this:

Applicant information
  • Biometrics:
100% complete

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision

Why does it say 100% completed? Does it mean we're about to receive approval soon?

When you say they asked you to submit passports…do you mean they asked you to upload copies? Or for you to mail them in?

PS- ours has said “completed” for 4 months…but no movement after biometric request. I’d ignore the completion date.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
When you say they asked you to submit passports…do you mean they asked you to upload copies? Or for you to mail them in?

PS- ours has said “completed” for 4 months…but no movement after biometric request. I’d ignore the completion date.
The letter I received in our GCKey account said I could either send copies of the children's passports via their webform or mail them. I opted to use the webform. For my passport, they requested for it in the GCKey platform itself, and I was able to upload it there.

I see. The completion date might be arbitrary and we might need to wait a bit more. Have you had your biometrics done? We did it January last year.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
The letter I received in our GCKey account said I could either send copies of the children's passports via their webform or mail them. I opted to use the webform. For my passport, they requested for it in the GCKey platform itself, and I was able to upload it there.

I see. The completion date might be arbitrary and we might need to wait a bit more. Have you had your biometrics done? We did it January last year.
Right, so they just wanted copies of your passports.

we did our biometrics in early April.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Right, so they just wanted copies of your passports.

we did our biometrics in early April.
Yup. This is what they said in the request letter:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Self-Employed Program. In order for the processing of your application to continue, the following document(s) are required:

XXXXXXXXX - NAME OF CHILD:

Passport/Travel Document: Passport or travel document. Please provide a copy of a newly issued passport as the passport you provided expired or will expire within 6 months. Your permanent residence cannot be issued before we receive a valid passport.

It was the same thing for all our 3 kids. The passport I had submitted in 2020 for our FSE application will expire in 6 months from today. But right before we left our home country, I got them all new passports. So I submitted digital copies of their new passports yesterday when we got the update and letter.

Last edited:

HongkongerLI

Jul 12, 2022
"Your permanent residence cannot be issued before we receive a valid passport.", does it imply your SE application will be approved?

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
Yup. This is what they said in the request letter:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Self-Employed Program. In order for the processing of your application to continue, the following document(s) are required:

XXXXXXXXX - NAME OF CHILD:

Passport/Travel Document: Passport or travel document. Please provide a copy of a newly issued passport as the passport you provided expired or will expire within 6 months. Your permanent residence cannot be issued before we receive a valid passport.

It was the same thing for all our 3 kids. The passport I had submitted in 2020 for our FSE application will expire in 6 months from today. But right before we left our home country, I got them all new passports. So I submitted digital copies of their new passports yesterday when we got the update and letter.
Hi how many days is given to you to send the passport copy ? They mentioned in the letter how many days?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hi how many days is given to you to send the passport copy ? They mentioned in the letter how many days?
Yes, they did. They gave us 30 days to submit from the date we received the letter. Fortunately, I already had their new passports ready and was able to submit it right away.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
"Your permanent residence cannot be issued before we receive a valid passport.", does it imply your SE application will be approved?
Yes, I do hope so. I noticed an update in our application that says:

• The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Well I’m pretty discouraged at this point. I just went through this whole 2020 thread and the results are not great. I realize this is likely a small % of those who actually applied in 2020 but still…

It has been about 33 months….guess we can’t get our money back. No other country is this backlogged with immigration applications! Pandemic is no longer an excuse. Wonder if there are any plans for another class action suit…this time to get answers or money back?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Well I’m pretty discouraged at this point. I just went through this whole 2020 thread and the results are not great. I realize this is likely a small % of those who actually applied in 2020 but still…

It has been about 33 months….guess we can’t get our money back. No other country is this backlogged with immigration applications! Pandemic is no longer an excuse. Wonder if there are any plans for another class action suit…this time to get answers or money back?
Please don't lose your patience. We're almost there.

Reactions: khurram69

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
there is no service standard for SE class, so no one is backlogged no matter how long the processing takes.
Basically, we are stuck in wait.

the average processing time was 22-24 months before pandemic and there was a 21-month pause in processing, from 2020-04 to end of 2021. so logically, your wait time of 33 - 21 = 12 months (pre pandemic speed). So on average, you should expect a final result in about 10-12 months time

Last edited: