+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi, generally speaking, this will not affect your self employed persons pr application, as long as you notify ircc about the changes of contact info.

however, there are some potential issues that might rise based on the process of your application and what you will be doing in Canada.
1. ircc might request for more proof for self employment, if the documents you submitted weren't enough to prove two one year experience. as long as that is covered, it wouldn't be a problem.
2. what you will do in Canada under an open work permit is also related to your self employment plan you submitted with your application. as long as that goes with the plan, it wouldn't be a problem too.

this is what i can think of for now. hope this helps

Your answer was very complete and clear, thank you very much indeed

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Who knows how long this will take. I believe they're not returning to work until they get what they want.

Does anyone know if this affects applications that are sent onto local visa offices? I'm hoping that it doesn't. Hard to know where the application is, though.
Foreign offices are not affected by strike, said by ircc.
I know someone got ADR and IME on 3 days ago from HongKong office. maybe that shows continuing processing for applications that had received AOR and sent to the local offices.
you can find out where your file is by searching processing offices outside of canada to see which one is responsible for your home country. If you applied within Canada, then you will be affected.

the issuing of AOR will definitely be delayed.

the strike can't go on very long. the union has 43 million strike funds and 155000 members are on strike. they pay every member 75 dollars a day for participation, some northern provinces get paid something like 150 a day. they can't afford a length strike.

Reactions: Homay7

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Dear Ansionuk:
A month ago, when I linked my application to online account, I also received a request letter about my passport, which has expired and needs to be changed and uploaded .....and I did immediately.

For now: the validity of my wife's and son's passports was less than 6 months, so we changed them and their new passports received yesterday.
1-Should I notify them as soon as possible through the web form and attach their scans?
2-Should I explain why changed the passports or should I just upload their passport scans?
Many thanks ⚘

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Dear Ansionuk:
A month ago, when I linked my application to online account, I also received a request letter about my passport, which has expired and needs to be changed and uploaded .....and I did immediately.

For now: the validity of my wife's and son's passports was less than 6 months, so we changed them and their new passports received yesterday.
1-Should I notify them as soon as possible through the web form and attach their scans?
2-Should I explain why changed the passports or should I just upload their passport scans?
Many thanks ⚘
yes, I recommend sending your dependents new passports via webform immediately to avoid any delays in the future, when ircc will be asking for an updates on their passports and that will cause delay of your processing time.

IRCC requests all applicants to notified them if personal information or essential documents has changed via webform.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Foreign offices are not affected by strike, said by ircc.
I know someone got ADR and IME on 3 days ago from HongKong office. maybe that shows continuing processing for applications that had received AOR and sent to the local offices.
you can find out where your file is by searching processing offices outside of canada to see which one is responsible for your home country. If you applied within Canada, then you will be affected.

the issuing of AOR will definitely be delayed.

the strike can't go on very long. the union has 43 million strike funds and 155000 members are on strike. they pay every member 75 dollars a day for participation, some northern provinces get paid something like 150 a day. they can't afford a length strike.
Any idea where I can search that info please? Also, how do I know that it's actually arrived in that office? I had my permanent number sent through 2-3 weeks before the strike -- I am not sure if they have sent it through yet or if they'd striked before posting,.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Any idea where I can search that info please? Also, how do I know that it's actually arrived in that office? I had my permanent number sent through 2-3 weeks before the strike -- I am not sure if they have sent it through yet or if they'd striked before posting,.
IRCC responsible offices oversea
in general, here is the link where you can see which office is responsible for your local area. left are countries, right are regional offices.

however, in some cases, PR applications may be sent to other office due to internal policy.
you can search in this forum or on google what is the processing office for pr application in your country.

per ircc processing instruction, files are transferred to local office immediately after AOR, and most Biometrics are sent by local offices and you can check the address of the local office on the letters ircc sent you for clues.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I'm coming to Canada on a 2 year IEC work permit whilst I wait for PR to complete. I'm not sure what to do about the address they have for me. Perhaps update to a family's address in UK so not to confuse things with a Canadian address?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
I'm coming to Canada on a 2 year IEC work permit whilst I wait for PR to complete. I'm not sure what to do about the address they have for me. Perhaps update to a family's address in UK so not to confuse things with a Canadian address?
they ask for your home address and mailing address separately.
you should update when there is a change in either of them

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
they ask for your home address and mailing address separately.
you should update when there is a change in either of them
See I'm not sure how to update - and webform no help. Because updating depends on where your application is, and I can't be sure where it is.

And I guess 'home' would be UK, and 'mailing' would be Canada. Does updating this delay the application each time?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
See I'm not sure how to update - and webform no help. Because updating depends on where your application is, and I can't be sure where it is.

And I guess 'home' would be UK, and 'mailing' would be Canada. Does updating this delay the application each time?
you can just write to the office that sent you the AOR, or send webform to London office.
if you applied from UK, your visa office has to be London.
even if it is not, London will reply to you and let you know where your file is.
you can include a line saying: "please let me know which office to contact if you don't have my file"

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
you can just write to the office that sent you the AOR, or send webform to London office.
if you applied from UK, your visa office has to be London.
even if it is not, London will reply to you and let you know where your file is.
you can include a line saying: "please let me know which office to contact if you don't have my file"
Excuse my ignorance -- but when I go to that form, it's always the central office that replies. There's no option for the applied by mail to route your message through to London as far as I can tell?