+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Assesment is 65 after AOR ...... due to missing education docs of spouse...

azfar

Jul 9, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-09
Doc's Request.
23-03-09
AOR Received.
10-09-09
IELTS Request
Done
Memebers, please discuss and share your expereinces. i have came to know that they will call an interview and give grace marks for success if satisfied.

I have an example of my friend who is now in canada, applied in 2005 and got the visa after an interview in 2007. His total marks were 62 and ielts band was 6. at that time the total qualifying score was 70, and in these days the cic revised the scoring to 67, they called the interview and awarded 5 points to qualify and stamped the visa.

Simialrly i have came to know today that a visa officer have the power to award upto 10 points if the case is genuine and the candidate economically adjust himself in canad.

members pls share ur expreinces and comment

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Re: 65 Points after receiving the AOR...

By the way how do you know they granted 65 points to you? Any also how do you know that additional grace marks shall be added after successful interview?

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010

azfar said:
Memebers, please discuss and share your expereinces. i have came to know that they will call an interview and give grace marks for success if satisfied.
it's on the discretion of the IO

zednought

Dec 26, 2008
Cambridge, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2008
Doc's Request.
16-06-2009
Med's Request
17-11-2009
Med's Done....
08-12-2009
Passport Req..
04-01-2010
LANDED..........
14-06-2010

Unless you have some other extraordinary circumstances your application will be rejected at the paper-based review stage. It is
mandatory to make the 67 points.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010

zednought said:
Unless you have some other extraordinary circumstances your application will be rejected at the paper-based review stage. It is
mandatory to make the 67 points.
i agree

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i read this on some other forum written by some immigration consultant that the extraordinary circumstances here mean that you couldn't continue your education or work because of some terrible disease or security issue or something... though it's not confirmed as i also read it.

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Azfar,

Can you please write your shortfall area or your self assessment so that you case could be discussed in detail?

Regards, Amer

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azfar said:

I have an example of my friend who is now in canada, applied in 2005 and got the visa after an interview in 2007. His total marks were 62 and ielts band was 6. at that time the total qualifying score was 70, and in these days the cic revised the scoring to 67, they called the interview and awarded 5 points to qualify and stamped the visa.

Simialrly i have came to know today that a visa officer have the power to award upto 10 points if the case is genuine and the candidate economically adjust himself in canad.

What you are talking about is correct and is referred to as "SUBSTITUTED EVALUATION". This can be, either "Positive or Negative".
It enables the IO responsible for your case to exercise his power and Authority of the R76(3) clause.

This authority may be used if an officer believes the point total is not a sufficient indicator of whether or not the applicant may become economically established in Canada.

Substituted evaluation is to be considered on a case-by-case basis. The scope of what an officer
might consider as relevant cannot be limited by a prescribed list of factors to be used in support of
exercising substituted evaluation. There are any number and combination of considerations that
an officer might cite as being pertinent to assessing, as per the wording of R76(3): “. . . the
likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada. . . .”
Frequency of use will vary from visa office to visa office, as some will find in their caseloads more
situations of disconnect between the point total and establishment prospects than will others. The
fact that the applicant “almost attained” a pass mark is not, in itself, grounds to recommend the
use of substituted evaluation. Rather, the officer needs to identify and document the facts
demonstrating that the points awarded are not a sufficient indicator of the applicant's ability to
become economically established in Canada.

For legal clarity, officers should employ the terms used in legislation, such as “substituted
evaluation” or “ability to become economically established.”

If an officer decides to use Then the officer will ...
substituted evaluation when ...

the applicant did meet the pass • communicate their concerns to the applicant and provide
mark (i.e., negative substituted sufficient opportunity to the applicant to respond to these
evaluation) concerns, through correspondence or an interview;

• obtain written concurrence from a designated officer.

the applicant did not meet the • obtain written concurrence from a designated officer.
pass mark (i.e., positive
substituted evaluation)

Substituted evaluation is not to be confused with humanitarian and compassionate
authority, which enables the Minister or his/her delegates to grant permanent residence or an
exemption from any applicable criteria or obligation of IRPA in a range of situations involving
sufficiently compelling circumstances.

Substituted evaluation cannot be used to override:

• a refusal due to insufficient funds [R76(3)]

• a failure to meet the definition of a skilled worker as outlined in R75. R75(3) clearly states that
a failure to meet the requirements of a skilled worker as outlined in R75(2) will result in an
application being refused

• a failure to meet the Ministerial Instructions

azfar

Jul 9, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-09
Doc's Request.
23-03-09
AOR Received.
10-09-09
IELTS Request
Done
BobbyB said:
azfar said:

What you are talking about is correct and is referred to as "SUBSTITUTED EVALUATION". This can be, either "Positive or Negative".
It enables the IO responsible for your case to exercise his power and Authority of the R76(3) clause.

This authority may be used if an officer believes the point total is not a sufficient indicator of whether or not the applicant may become economically established in Canada.

Substituted evaluation is to be considered on a case-by-case basis. The scope of what an officer
might consider as relevant cannot be limited by a prescribed list of factors to be used in support of
exercising substituted evaluation. There are any number and combination of considerations that
an officer might cite as being pertinent to assessing, as per the wording of R76(3): “. . . the
likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada. . . .”
Frequency of use will vary from visa office to visa office, as some will find in their caseloads more
situations of disconnect between the point total and establishment prospects than will others. The
fact that the applicant “almost attained” a pass mark is not, in itself, grounds to recommend the
use of substituted evaluation. Rather, the officer needs to identify and document the facts
demonstrating that the points awarded are not a sufficient indicator of the applicant's ability to
become economically established in Canada.

For legal clarity, officers should employ the terms used in legislation, such as “substituted
evaluation” or “ability to become economically established.”

If an officer decides to use Then the officer will ...
substituted evaluation when ...

the applicant did meet the pass • communicate their concerns to the applicant and provide
mark (i.e., negative substituted sufficient opportunity to the applicant to respond to these
evaluation) concerns, through correspondence or an interview;

• obtain written concurrence from a designated officer.

the applicant did not meet the • obtain written concurrence from a designated officer.
pass mark (i.e., positive
substituted evaluation)

Substituted evaluation is not to be confused with humanitarian and compassionate
authority, which enables the Minister or his/her delegates to grant permanent residence or an
exemption from any applicable criteria or obligation of IRPA in a range of situations involving
sufficiently compelling circumstances.

Substituted evaluation cannot be used to override:

• a refusal due to insufficient funds [R76(3)]

• a failure to meet the definition of a skilled worker as outlined in R75. R75(3) clearly states that
a failure to meet the requirements of a skilled worker as outlined in R75(2) will result in an
application being refused

• a failure to meet the Ministerial Instructions
Thanks a lot BobbyB, the information is more than enough.