+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selection of province for express entry

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
I am very much confused about selection of province for express entry profile. Our cumulative CRS score is 430 ( ECA report awaited).
My wife (primary applicant) is having 5 years of experience in India as software quality analyst(Bachelor's of technology, computer science) and my self QA/QC engineer having 7 years of experience (Bachelor's of technology, mechanical engineering)
Regarding selection of province, I want to know which province suits best for me to get good JOB in canada considering profiles of both of us. I am considering Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia as primary options for both of us followed by Saskatchewan and Nova scotia

Please guide me.

epb989

Oct 12, 2015
Probably select all, i guess It doesn't make any much difference.
Meanwhile on an unrelated topic, which NOC did you choose? 2283?

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
For EE doesn't matter which province you select..... I suggest to select all ......once you have your PR you can move or land anywhere in Canada.

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
eeprofilehelp said:
For EE doesn't matter which province you select..... I suggest to select all ......once you have your PR you can move or land anywhere in Canada.
Correct. But i am afraid if i get ITA from some far land then i will have to live there anyway for one year. Anyways i have selected ON, BC, AB, PE, SK, NS, MT as options (Left out Yukon, Northern territories, Nunavat etc). Should i modify my profile and select all. Do system allow us to modify profile after submission?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Ankur25 said:
I am very much confused about selection of province for express entry profile. Our cumulative CRS score is 430 ( ECA report awaited).
My wife (primary applicant) is having 5 years of experience in India as software quality analyst(Bachelor's of technology, computer science) and my self QA/QC engineer having 7 years of experience (Bachelor's of technology, mechanical engineering)
Regarding selection of province, I want to know which province suits best for me to get good JOB in canada considering profiles of both of us. I am considering Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia as primary options for both of us followed by Saskatchewan and Nova scotia

Please guide me.
It doesn't matter at all which province you select in your application. It's just a survey-type question to know which provinces are at the top of peoples' choices.

Once you get your PR visa, then you are free to land, live and work ANYWHERE in Canada, unless you are a PNP applicant.
No one will restrict you to live in some specific province after that. So, you can choose where to find job and live.

Reactions: Amanullahshahid

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
Am i not bound to land and live in a province which gives me ITA.?

jpv2212 said:
It doesn't matter at all which province you select in your application. It's just a survey-type question to know which provinces are at the top of peoples' choices.

Once you get your PR visa, then you are free to land, live and work ANYWHERE in Canada, unless you are a PNP applicant.
No one will restrict you to live in some specific province after that. So, you can choose where to find job and live.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Ankur25 said:
Am i not bound to land and live in a province which gives me ITA.?
Have you been nominated by any province?
or
Are you applying through FSW stream?

ITA is not given by any province. It's given by federal government, by IRCC.
So, if you get your PR visa except through PNP, then you can land, live and also work in any province you want to, for indefinite period.

Hope it's clear now.

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
Thanks for explanation !

I received ITA at 430 CRS in last draw.

Can you also guide me regarding Proof of funds? I want to know at what time do we require to provide proof of funds. I already have ITA and have started filling forms. Do i require to provide proof of funds at this stage or some later stage?
jpv2212 said:
Have you been nominated by any province?
or
Are you applying through FSW stream?

ITA is not given by any province. It's given by federal government, by IRCC.
So, if you get your PR visa except through PNP, then you can land, live and also work in any province you want to, for indefinite period.

Hope it's clear now.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Ankur25 said:
Thanks for explanation !

Can you also guide me regarding Proof of funds? I want to know at what time do we require to provide proof of funds. I already have ITA and have started filling forms. Do i require to provide proof of funds at this stage or some later stage?
Yes, you'll need ALL the supporting docs at the time of submitting your complete application, which people call it e-APR (electronic app for permanent residence).
Once you fill in all the details in your app profile, then you'll have document upload fields to upload each document separately. At that time you have to submit the documents. Also, fees are to be paid at that time.
Regarding fees, you must submit the visa fee at the time of submission, but you can choose whether you want to pay RPRF at this time or at a later date.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Correct. But i am afraid if i get ITA from some far land then i will have to live there anyway for one year. Anyways i have selected ON, BC, AB, PE, SK, NS, MT as options (Left out Yukon, Northern territories, Nunavat etc). Should i modify my profile and select all. Do system allow us to modify profile after submission?
does sytem allow to view/modify to change the selection to provinces?

vivpatil

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for explanation !

Hi Ankur,

could you please tell me how long did it take for you to get an ITA after applying for express entry? Did you get it in May '17? Could you please share for your contact if you don't mind. I am in the middle of applying for an EE appl. and have some queries