+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking advice: BOWP or Spousal open work permit

Jithin_KL_7

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Me and my wife studied here in Canada and on Open work permits now. I am working permanent full time on an O category Job and wife is doing part time job (not in skilled category). My work permit will be expiring on 2017 June and wife's on 2017 January.

We have got ITA and the application has been submitted. As mentioned above, my wife's work permit expires in two months (I have 6 more months left), which way should I opt to let my wife stay with me - Bridging Open Work Permit or Spousal open work permit ?

I have called CIC and they said get help either from Non profit organizations who offer help or any immigration cunsultants.

Please advice..

J

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Jithin_KL_7 said:
Hello all,

Me and my wife studied here in Canada and on Open work permits now. I am working permanent full time on an O category Job and wife is doing part time job (not in skilled category). My work permit will be expiring on 2017 June and wife's on 2017 January.

We have got ITA and the application has been submitted. As mentioned above, my wife's work permit expires in two months (I have 6 more months left), which way should I opt to let my wife stay with me - Bridging Open Work Permit or Spousal open work permit ?

I have called CIC and they said get help either from Non profit organizations who offer help or any immigration cunsultants.

Please advice..

J
I am sure that if you apply NOW for an open work permit for your wife, they will give her a work permit until yours expire.

I am not sure if you can do a BOWP for her, it has to be through the main applicant (which I am assuming its you)

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Actually it doesnt say here that you must be the primary applicant to apply for BGWP, so I might be wrong and you can apply for BGWP for your wife.

Here is the link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp"

Thanks

Jithin_KL_7

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again. And yes your assumption is right, I am the primary applicant. What's your status ?

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Jithin_KL_7 said:
Thanks again. And yes your assumption is right, I am the primary applicant. What's your status ?
Primary applicant as well, but my work permit expires in 2018. Hopefully I will get an ITA sometime next year!

Best of luck!

Jithin_KL_7

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Unfortunately I can't give the same to you because I'm yet to get those options unlocked as I am a "Newbie"