+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seek Advise and Comments

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We landed as PR in July 2010. Got house leased and kids admitted in schools. I had incorporated a company to try to run my own business with no luck. Meanwhile, I visited Dubai to established any business but no success.

I have been offered a job in a company in Canada as consultant which requires me to travel to Middle East on a Year Contract Contract is extend-able for another year.

what will be my situation, if I take job, travel to Middle East often and family stays in Canada. Since my family will complete their time prior to me... Can Family apply for citizenship without me and I can apply later on.

How my timeline will be calculated...? Will I benefit from the time spent outside...?

It is important and an URGENT decision to make since I do not want to stay jobless since July 2010, and do not even think of Social Benefits...

Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
If family remains in Canada, yes they can meet the requirements for retaining PR status as well as for citizenship and can apply without you.

There is no credit for time spent outside Canada. Keep in mind that PR status has residency obligations.
Check CIC website for the details.

Keep trying to find work in Canada so that you do not have to travel (as much)

Ensure you and your family keep all documents of daily life in detail which prove them(and you) staying in Canada as CIC can ask for it during citizenship or PR renewal process.

In the end you gotta do what ya gotta do to pay the bills..

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply...

I hate to be living on Social Benefits until unless I am fit to work... I am opting this in order not to depend on any social or taxpayers money... My family is benefiting from schooling, medical etc. hence I must contribute...

We have started collecting all bills, statements, school reports etc...

Any other wise advice will be appreciated...

Thanks