+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

security check after MR and RPRP , Join here

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hello everyone
Finally I got respond from CIC that my file is pending completion for waiting the review from one of their agencies regarding the security check , They requested my Medical , RCMP and RPRP in the last May and I ordered my notes in the last month and I passed in everything , it is 8 months till now for the security check , is it normal ? Or should be worried for that ? I am waiting the Passport request for more 8 months till now, please share your experience with me.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
samahkhaled said:
Hello everyone
Finally I got respond from CIC that my file is pending completion for waiting the review from one of their agencies regarding the security check , They requested my Medical , RCMP and RPRP in the last May and I ordered my notes in the last month and I passed in everything , it is 8 months till now for the security check , is it normal ? Or should be worried for that ? I am waiting the Passport request for more 8 months till now, please share your experience with me.
For me medical / last documents to application approved was over 10 months. I'm from a "boring" security-wise EU country, no 2nd review.
A co-worker who is from a less "boring" middle-eastern country waited for 2.5 years for security check to complete, despite the fact he lived in Canada for 5 years before applying.

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your respond , yes I can see your timeline in the left , Congratulation for your visa issued few days ago , Yes I am from the Middle east , My husband is a police officer there , So I think this is will add more complicated reason for the SECURITY CHECK PROCESS, Hopefully I can get it soon.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016

Just to clarify: I'm not saying that if you're from middle east you automatically will have a very long and detailed security check.

But if you are from / lived in a country that:
- is known for a hostile attitude towards Canada
- is subject to a military operation aided by Canada
- has been accused of funding terrorism
- is / recently was at war (or which has access to information about it's citizens information very limited/hard for other reasons)

It is bound to take longer. Not because someone is working against you, but because the check will be more thorough and access to necessary information more difficult.

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Yes You are right , I think so , I am from Egypt , It is not so dangerous but my husband is working as Police Officer ;D However I am here since 2011 for working , All my work permits were accepted without any problem , but for my husband all his trails to join me were failed :D I lost all my hope to get PR for that reason