+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Background request

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,
2 years waiting!

So, with much investigation and questions to Immigration about the hold up on our file, we have been advised that it is not on Canada's end. Seems that the request sent from Immigration to my husband's Country for the Security and Criminality Background check is not being answered. They sent this request to his country very early in our process and have now as of May 16, 2018 sent another request. Has anyone had any kind of similar experience? and what did you do to remedy this?

Thanks!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,
2 years waiting!

So, with much investigation and questions to Immigration about the hold up on our file, we have been advised that it is not on Canada's end. Seems that the request sent from Immigration to my husband's Country for the Security and Criminality Background check is not being answered. They sent this request to his country very early in our process and have now as of May 16, 2018 sent another request. Has anyone had any kind of similar experience? and what did you do to remedy this?

Thanks!
Hi which country are we talking about?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Palestine, Ramallah
Do you know of any responsible person you can contact within Ministry of Interior @The Palestinian Authority?
I am not an expert, but what I read that this ministry is responsible for issuing the documents and most likely is the authority for sorting out the background check

Also did you contact the Palestinian Representative Office in Ottawa, Canada here: https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy25294/ ?

I am not an Palestinian, so I can guide you much beyond it.

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017

Do you know of any responsible person you can contact within Ministry of Interior @The Palestinian Authority?
I am not an expert, but what I read that this ministry is responsible for issuing the documents and most likely is the authority for sorting out the background check

I am not an Arab, so I can guide you much beyond it.

I am not an Arab, so I can guide you much beyond it.
We have been checking but everyone is saying they don't do this and that all they do is issue a document to the individual and then that person submits it! it is all so confusing and trying to get any kind of guidance from Canadian immigration is non existent! it's shameful! it's like all they want to do is work against you instead of helping you! i have never seen anything like this!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
We have been checking but everyone is saying they don't do this and that all they do is issue a document to the individual and then that person submits it! it is all so confusing and trying to get any kind of guidance from Canadian immigration is non existent! it's shameful! it's like all they want to do is work against you instead of helping you! i have never seen anything like this!
Why not consult a immigration lawyer who can represent you to communicate with IRCC folks? I don't think that they want to work against you, but Background Checks are very tricky topics and not everyone is willing to share whats going on.

Maybe through a competent immigration lawyer you can have these stalemate resolved(not 100% sure though).

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Why not consult a immigration lawyer who can represent you to communicate with IRCC folks? I don't think that they want to work against you, but Background Checks are very tricky topics and not everyone is willing to share whats going on.

Maybe through a competent immigration lawyer you can have these stalemate resolved(not 100% sure though).
you are probably right.