+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Work permit Application

ar.ca.17

Aug 10, 2017
Dear All,

I need some important and urgent help. I submitted my application for the temporary work permit in June and still waiting for its outcome. But, in the meanwhile, I have another BETTER job offer and I want to join the second offer. I want to know if ...

(i) I have to submit another application?

(ii) If I submit a second application, do I have to retract my first application, before applying for the second one?

(iii) Please, suggest possible best practice in this case.

Thank you very much.

Cheers !

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Dear All,

I need some important and urgent help. I submitted my application for the temporary work permit in June and still waiting for its outcome. But, in the meanwhile, I have another BETTER job offer and I want to join the second offer. I want to know if ...

(i) I have to submit another application?

(ii) If I submit a second application, do I have to retract my first application, before applying for the second one?

(iii) Please, suggest possible best practice in this case.

Thank you very much.

Cheers !
What kind of work permit are you applying for?

ar.ca.17

Aug 10, 2017
What kind of work permit are you applying for?
temporary work permit. I have two job offers but I received the second offer ( which I prefer) after the application submission of the first job offer. What should I do in this condition?

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Are you talking about LMIA application or work permit itself? is the job LMIA exempt or non exempt? I think it depends on what you are applying for workpermit through.

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Work permit itself, No LMIA.
Does your employer have a positive LMIA already? Your employer has to have permission from the government to hire foreign workers. Unless you are applying for open work permit such as IEC and PGWP, I don't think you can get temporary work permit in most cases without getting LMIA.