+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst'???

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Folks,

I have following questions and hopefully get answers from you guys.

I submitted the Pre-Screen application in October 2015 and got an Acknowledgement Letter on October 27 2015 saying that they have received the application package and it is being processed. I have not heard a word from OINP until I emailed them couple days ago and ask about the status of my case. OINP replied as follow:

"Please be advised that our records indicate the file referenced is at the second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst.

If there is any further information needed for your application, you will be contacted by our officer.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program"

1. What do they mean by saying 'second stage'? Does that mean that the Pre-Screen part has been processed and they are moving on to the Nominee application part?

2. Also, I learned that people usually ask for an AOR. I did send another email to OINP asking for AOR though. What do we need AOR for?

3. What will happen next after the above message from OINP?

4. According to your experience, how long will it take for OINP to finalize the entire process?
I need a clear timeline on this thing.

5. What do you folks suggest I should do next?

I appreciate any comments and I believe many other would like to ask one those questions too.

Thanks a lot guys.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1982 said:
Folks,

I submitted the Pre-Screen application in October 2015 and got an Acknowledgement Letter on October 27 2015 saying that they have received the application package and it is being processed. I have not heard a word from OINP until I emailed them couple days ago and ask about the status of my case. OINP replied as follow:

"Please be advised that our records indicate the file referenced is at the second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst.

If there is any further information needed for your application, you will be contacted by our officer.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program"

1. What do they mean by saying 'second stage'? Does that mean that the Pre-Screen part has been processed and they are moving on to the Nominee application part?

2. Also, I learned that people usually ask for an AOR. I did send another email to OINP asking for AOR though. What do we need AOR for?

4. According to your experience, how long will it take for OINP to finalize the entire process?

I appreciate any comments and I believe many other would like to ask one those questions too.

Thanks a lot guys.
when did you apply to OINP ? What was the last communication you received from them?

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
thestunner316 said:
when did you apply to OINP ? What was the last communication you received from them?
The last time I've heard from OINP was September 15 2016 (last Thursday).
By the way, I did not mention that I am international student with job offer in the initial post. I did not know if my employer has received the AOR either...

Any comments on my questions, bro?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1982 said:
Folks,

WTF - You have not even followed up with them for the past year ???

Yes, usually second stage means post AOR
AOR is acceptance of receipt of documents. If you recd a pdf file with your file number which is XH something, thats the AOR
Well after this they do enquiries in the background, an immigration officer to whom the file is assigned he checks everything to verify everything is in order. They sometimes call employers to check credibility of docs
There is no clear timeline. Currently OINP is looking at nov and dec 2015 applicants, with some sept and oct applicants still waiting also
call them, or better send a fax... they tend to respond to fax a lot faster.

Thanks a lot guys.
see answers in line...

what i cant understand is you didnt follow up with them for almost a year... thats just weird....

i'm not sure on how the job offer LMIA thing works, maybe someone else can help here ?? i was under the impression that LMIA was straightforward and shouldnt take more than a few weeks to process.

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
thestunner316 said:
see answers in line...

what i cant understand is you didnt follow up with them for almost a year... thats just weird....

i'm not sure on how the job offer LMIA thing works, maybe someone else can help here ?? i was under the impression that LMIA was straightforward and shouldnt take more than a few weeks to process.
Thanks man.

What do you mean by saying 'XH something'? You mean the file number starts with 'XH'? Mine starts with ESTU-XXXXXXX

I did question about my case status. They said that they cannot disclose any information to individuals that are not authorized as a contact on the applicant's file.

Today I sent a fax to OINP. They emailed me back saying the Acknowledgement Letter is the AOR. Do you agree?

I don't have the LMIA from my employer. My employer said they have not received anything except that Acknowledgement Letter they had forwarded to me.

Thanks again.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1982 said:
Thanks man.

What do you mean by saying 'XH something'? You mean the file number starts with 'XH'? Mine starts with ESTU-XXXXXXX
Oh OK, my file number starts with NH :)

I did question about my case status. They said that they cannot disclose any information to individuals that are not authorized as a contact on the applicant's file.
Umm... isnt that your file ??? Did you choose an agent/lawyer for the applicataion ?

Today I sent a fax to OINP. They emailed me back saying the Acknowledgement Letter is the AOR. Do you agree?
Yes, acknowlegement letter which has the attachment file and the draft receipt is the AOR

I don't have the LMIA from my employer. My employer said they have not received anything except that Acknowledgement Letter they had forwarded to me.
OK

Thanks again.