+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second attempt student permit...urgent!!!!!

Nov 18, 2017
Hi all,

my study permit was refused on Nov 10th. i am from Nepal currently on USA pursuing a PhD in BioChemistry in US. Due to research interest contacted professors in Canada and recieved full funding for Masters. My reasons for visa refusal was that I didnt submit my immigration status in USA, educational credentials in US and employment verification in USA.

I have applied for the visa for the second time on Nov 16th including forms such as IM94(Immigration), i20, employment and enrollment verification.

What are my chances of getting a study permit now and how long does it take to receive the decision. Is it usually faster than the first application?

Thanks,

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
You want to go from a PhD in US to a Master's in Canada. That's strange!
So you basically hold a master's degree already, right?

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
Did you enclose an SOP explaining this?
I have to be honest with you, ppl who apply from USA and they don't hold a Green Card might have an issue since they cant get back to US after graduation.

Nov 18, 2017
Yes, I have included SOP demonstrating my field of interest and honestly, I just want to get Masters and go back to my country so It's okay for me if I cannot get back to the US after graduation!!

Nov 18, 2017
Thank you for your response!! I have included job offer from my previous employer in Nepal stating that they will provide me a job after I get graduated with at least Masters degree but still I do not know what goes into the mind of VO an that is what scares me a lot. Also, I have included all documents such as cover letter, I20, I94, Transcripts and Employment offer in the letter of explanation section. I hope they would go through it.

Reactions: demhahero