FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi,

I'm in the same position. IRCC gave me 60 days and the Japanese said that it takes at least two months. I sent IRCC an email but they have not responded yet.

What about you? What did you do?

Thanks.
Hi. On the last day of submission I uploaded the application form for police certificate and an explanation letter stating that I did my best to get the certificate on time - applied early, called embassy several times etc. IRCC granted me extra 60 days, so when my Japanese police certificate came, I finally could upload it.

Reactions: halashwal

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
Hi. On the last day of submission I uploaded the application form for police certificate and an explanation letter stating that I did my best to get the certificate on time - applied early, called embassy several times etc. IRCC granted me extra 60 days, so when my Japanese police certificate came, I finally could upload it.
Thank you for your response. I will wait and hope it arrives in time. If not, I will do just like you.

Reactions: Snapdragon

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi.
As I received ADR, I uploaded my police certificate from Japan around 2 months ago and the status for additional documents went to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded". It has already been 2 months and nothing has changed. Anybody with similar experience?

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
Hi.
As I received ADR, I uploaded my police certificate from Japan around 2 months ago and the status for additional documents went to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded". It has already been 2 months and nothing has changed. Anybody with similar experience?
I just received my PC from Japan and uploaded it.

I will call them in a week or so to checkif everything is ok. I sugeest you call them as well.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hi.
This is the period of the long wait. They have confirmed receipt of your documents and now becomes where they will do the extensive background checks. Next step will be medical request. For us it took 8 months from submitting the police certificate to then.

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
This is the period of the long wait. They have confirmed receipt of your documents and now becomes where they will do the extensive background checks. Next step will be medical request. For us it took 8 months from submitting the police certificate to then.
Thank's for the reply. But 8 months! It it seems toooo long of a wait. In my case, we did upfront medicals so they were the first ones to be set to "passed''.
This application is starting to make me depressed...

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Just an update for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation:
After uploading my Japanese police certificate, I ordered gcms note on the 29th of August. The same day I went into IP2 (My background checks were started). On September 6 I got PPR. Luckily may overall wait was not so long.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
Just an update for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation:
After uploading my Japanese police certificate, I ordered gcms note on the 29th of August. The same day I went into IP2 (My background checks were started). On September 6 I got PPR. Luckily may overall wait was not so long.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Hi,
I'm in the same position. About two weeks after uploadeding my PCC from Japan (around the end of August), it said "Background check started..."
Do you mind sharing your timeline details: what stream, inland/outland, time from AORto PPR, nationality, residence, visa office, etc.
Thanks.

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi,
I'm in the same position. About two weeks after uploadeding my PCC from Japan (around the end of August), it said "Background check started..."
Do you mind sharing your timeline details: what stream, inland/outland, time from AORto PPR, nationality, residence, visa office, etc.
Thanks.
Hi. Good news that you didnt have to wait as long as me for the background check to start.

Timeline:
Application: FSW1 Outland
AOR March 19
MEP, IP1: didn't notice
ADR: March 27
Asked for extra time: May 27
ADR: May 28
Uploaded doc: June 15
IP2: August 29
PPR: September 6
CoPR: September 26
Visa Office: Warsaw

Good luck!

Reactions: halashwal

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
Hi. Good news that you didnt have to wait as long as me for the background check to start.

Timeline:
Application: FSW1 Outland
AOR March 19
MEP, IP1: didn't notice
ADR: March 27
Asked for extra time: May 27
ADR: May 28
Uploaded doc: June 15
IP2: August 29
PPR: September 6
CoPR: September 26
Visa Office: Warsaw

Good luck!
Many thanks and congratulations.

Reactions: Snapdragon

Nanochi

Oct 3, 2018
Hi, sorry for the late reply

This is the response I got from them:

I suspect they didn't really think carefully about my question and provided a canned response :confused:

Eventually, I just decided to mail it to them to be safe (and keep records of the package just in case)

Edit: Looking at others recent posts, it seems like people are scanning and sending them as well
Hi! May i ask
Hi, sorry for the late reply

This is the response I got from them:

I suspect they didn't really think carefully about my question and provided a canned response :confused:

Eventually, I just decided to mail it to them to be safe (and keep records of the package just in case)

Edit: Looking at others recent posts, it seems like people are scanning and sending them as well
Hi! Could you please teach me also how did you get your police certificate. Im currently living here in japan also. Thanks in advance

detam.10

Sep 11, 2016
Hi! May i ask

Hi! Could you please teach me also how did you get your police certificate. Im currently living here in japan also. Thanks in advance
I think you need to bring some formal document from CIC for the police certificate request. They will not give out the police certificate otherwise.
You may want to call ahead and ask for any other documents that you may be required to bring in advance.
Unfortunately, it's been a long time now so I can't remember all the details.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
You can always go and try to convince them. We went to Montreal consulate and got it without the letter even if it is not an official policy.

We also decided to open and scan. Will report back.
Hello, I'm just wondering if the japan police certificate has your address on it? Thank you very much