+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[SDS] Study permit refused, plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Background:
26, from China, got a bachelor of Information Management and Information System 3 years ago
have been worked as product manager in IT company for 1 year, and a copy writing/planner for next 2 years in an ad agency
Planning to study Interior Decorating in Humber this year
but VO rejected my study permit

I know I have these 2 reasons:
1. degree -> diploma
2. this program is not related to my past study or work experience

So the rejection letter got those 2 reasons:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualification, previous studies,employment,level of establishment, ...

And I'm waiting for my CAIPS notes and asking school to defer my admission to Winter 2017.

After asking some professionals, I concluded 3 options:
1. apply a new progam which is closely related to my past experience, and use this offer to apply
2. apply visitor visa and then change it to study permit after learning months English courses in Canada
3. Same offer, different study plan, just try harder to convince VO that I really want to study in Canada

SO I need you guys' advice,
Which way is better?

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
APPLY TO A NEW PROGRAM AND MAKE SURE IT RELATES TO YOUR PREVIOUS COURSE OF STUDY/WORK EXPERIENCE
ALSO MAKE SURE THE PROGRAM YOU WILL APPLY IS IN PROGRESSION TO YOUR PREVIOUS STUDY....(DEGREE TO GRADUATE CERTIFICATE)
DON T APPLY FOR DIPLOMA COURSE IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Cynthia93 said:
APPLY TO A NEW PROGRAM AND MAKE SURE IT RELATES TO YOUR PREVIOUS COURSE OF STUDY/WORK EXPERIENCE
ALSO MAKE SURE THE PROGRAM YOU WILL APPLY IS IN PROGRESSION TO YOUR PREVIOUS STUDY....(DEGREE TO GRADUATE CERTIFICATE)

Thank you but I forgot to say that my IELTS score is just 6.0
AND I'm worried about if I use new offer, it seems more unconvincing on

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
DUNNO said:
DUNNO,

you are right in your thinking. a new offer will be more unconvincing. But can you please clarify what your goals are? Is it just to study a course in Canada or is it to study interior designing, no matter what?

TEMU

Aug 20, 2016
DUNNO said:
some of collages or universities do not require IELTS, but only if your country official teaching language is english for your undergraduate studies. What about you

TEMU

Aug 20, 2016
DUNNO said:
Background:
26, from China, got a bachelor of Information Management and Information System 3 years ago
have been worked as product manager in IT company for 1 year, and a copy writing/planner for next 2 years in an ad agency
Planning to study Interior Decorating in Humber this year
but VO rejected my study permit

I know I have these 2 reasons:
1. degree -> diploma
2. this program is not related to my past study or work experience

So the rejection letter got those 2 reasons:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualification, previous studies,employment,level of establishment, ...

And I'm waiting for my CAIPS notes and asking school to defer my admission to Winter 2017.

After asking some professionals, I concluded 3 options:
1. apply a new progam which is closely related to my past experience, and use this offer to apply
2. apply visitor visa and then change it to study permit after learning months English courses in Canada
3. Same offer, different study plan, just try harder to convince VO that I really want to study in Canada

SO I need you guys' advice,
Which way is better?

qualification on what? previous studies?

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
enywmara said:
DUNNO,

you are right in your thinking. a new offer will be more unconvincing. But can you please clarify what your goals are? Is it just to study a course in Canada or is it to study interior designing, no matter what?
I just wanna study something new and I'm interested with, so Interior Decorating is a good choice?
I know this may sound sort of unreasonable....

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
I don't know, still waiting for the CAIPS notes then I can know the real rejection reason...

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
TEMU said:
some of collages or universities do not require IELTS, but only if your country official teaching language is english for your undergraduate studies. What about you
Nah, I'm Chinese so IELTS is necessary

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Cynthia93 said:
YOU CAN STILL APPLY FOR A DIPLOMA COURSE IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE. IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR PURPOSE AND HOW THEY ARE RELATED, AND HOW RELEVANT.

Reactions: kaur_sandeep7

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Brozachs said:
YOU CAN STILL APPLY FOR A DIPLOMA COURSE IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE. IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR PURPOSE AND HOW THEY ARE RELATED, AND HOW RELEVANT.
So you suggested I apply for another program which is better related to my past experience?

OK, thanks!

I just not sure how to explain my purpose then