Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Yes, that is something of which we are very cognizant. However, January seems like a lengthy wait given that we started all of them way back in 2020, so we certainly made the most of this opportunity. Therefore, if September does not materialise, we will most likely have to try our luck with the subsequent intakes. In any case, we are going to continue to fight until we are granted the visa.

Hey @archanajossy! What a gorgeous news! :D I saw your message yesterday where you first mentioned the deferral to January 2024, which would give you solid 8 months to wait for your PPR. It was wonderful enough already and September 2023 sounds like a real treat from your college, sweet!

To tell you the truth, we are worried about September 2023 ourselves because if the strike continues long enough, there is a chance of not making it on time for September even with PPR because there is also a passport stamping and the tickets, which at the moment are still over the roof from China to Canada for August. And if we get a refusal, well, that won't leave us any time to re-apply for September. With current processing times, that's a guarantee. So, in case you have similar concerns about your September 2023 semester, leave your options open for Winter 2024 if you can as well.
Every day, I go to youtube to look at the PPR timelines videos, and it seems that students are still getting visa approvals. So this is not a complete standstill by any means. I can only wish for luck like that.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @fui-pra-lá Sure, the officer stated that my program of studies seemed "unreasonable" in light of my former education and work experience. Please, have a look at my older posts around September 11-18 and November 1-14 (GCMS Notes) for more details that I posted back then. If you have more questions after reading those posts, feel free to ask, I'm open to help in any way I can ;)

Can you share the reason for refusal with us?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @archanajossy Yes, I definitely see your point and understand your reasoning. We would do the same thing, expecting September, but getting ready for Winter. Fingers crosses for all of us! :)

Yes, that is something of which we are very cognizant. However, January seems like a lengthy wait given that we started all of them way back in 2020, so we certainly made the most of this opportunity. Therefore, if September does not materialise, we will most likely have to try our luck with the subsequent intakes. In any case, we are going to continue to fight until we are granted the visa.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
@archanajossy @thomas23 Please, keep in mind that online studies beginning September 2023 will no longer be counted towards PGWP

Simply get in touch with your school and ask if it is possible for students who are waiting for their visa to begin their classes online and then fly to Canada to continue their studies once they have received a favourable visa decision. You can give that a shot if you want to. If it doesn't work, then you need to start the deferment procedures as soon as possible in order to guarantee that you won't lose your place in the upcoming intakes

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Really? It sounds encouraging because it does feel like nothing is moving at all..

Every day, I go to youtube to look at the PPR timelines videos, and it seems that students are still getting visa approvals. So this is not a complete standstill by any means. I can only wish for luck like that.

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Hey @fui-pra-lá Sure, the officer stated that my program of studies seemed "unreasonable" in light of my former education and work experience. Please, have a look at my older posts around September 11-18 and November 1-14 (GCMS Notes) for more details that I posted back then. If you have more questions after reading those posts, feel free to ask, I'm open to help in any way I can ;)
Read it all.
Have you changed your studies program or just the SOP?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
No, I haven't changed my program of studies. It's still BA degree at the University of Alberta. There is no way for me to change to another program, be that Masters or any other, because I have a very specific purpose of going to this program of studies. My husband and I had no reasons to complain about our first refusal, we thought it was fair enough since we did not explain my specific reason for studies in my SOP well enough. However, we have worked relentlessly with my university, an immigration advisor, and an immigration lawyer on our second application and have come up with a very strong LOE supported by my transfer credit report and other necessary documents. Now we'll see whether all of that can work.

I have to say that, in all honesty, we were very naive with our first application. The refusal was not a surprise. However, if we are refused on our second application, that will be a real shock to us and inexplainable thing.

Read it all.
Have you changed your studies program or just the SOP?

Last edited:
Reactions: archanajossy

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
Hello all,

Since IRCC cut off the processing time to 9 weeks for Study Permit (from outside Canada), it would be faster for SDS as well,

I have been checking and following other people who just got their study permit through SDS stream within only 22 days since their biometric updated,

However, reflecting to my case, I submitted on 15th Mar, biometric done on 20th Mar. Not have medical exam passed/ updated yet. Anyone have updated on Medical exam yet? Please share your timeline.

People who have submitted same this period of time and looking forward to study permit, please join this thread and share your timeline as well your concern ^^! Maybe we should ease our worries a little bit while waiting for the result.
Hey! Even i have applied on 30th march and biometrics got done on 4 april . There has been no update ever since. It’s showing the same as yours .

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Got my letter today after 23 days,

Biometrics - 10/04/23
Medical - 11/04/23 (done 5 months before in December)
Letter - 02/05/23

My 'application status tracker' is still 'checking my background'.
The letter was so so, not good. CAD80k in cash, +30 years old.

saleslucas94

Apr 18, 2023

Biometrics - 10/04/23
Letter - 02/05/23

Hi! Congrats :) I guess you’re a Brazilian too, right? Do you applied through SDS as well? We’ve done our application march 20, nothing so far… :(

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @fui-pra-lá! Are congratulations in order? :) Have you got a PPR (OPR)? What do you mean by your letter being so not good?

Biometrics - 10/04/23
Letter - 02/05/23

Reactions: saleslucas94

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Don't really know what is each, but they asked for my passport. Which is good, right?
I think I could have gone a lot better writing the letter. Although, all my process was followed by an advisor.

Reactions: parrots