+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Pakistan GIC Problem

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
I have paid the one year fee for college. Now I am stuck with sending GIC from Lahore, Pakistan. I have account in Bank Al Habib and they totally refused to process it. Went to Meezan Bank and they are asking to open USD account. I have to make transaction before 14 Sept to CIBC. Is there other way to send money? Bankers in Pakistan are massive idiots. State Bank also has not clearly notified banks about GIC process.

Does anyone know any branch of Bank Al Habib or Meezan Bank in LAHORE that will do it?. Thanks.

nisar1980

Oct 4, 2016
I have paid the one year fee for college. Now I am stuck with sending GIC from Lahore, Pakistan. I have account in Bank Al Habib and they totally refused to process it. Went to Meezan Bank and they are asking to open USD account. I have to make transaction before 14 Sept to CIBC. Is there other way to send money? Bankers in Pakistan are massive idiots. State Bank also has not clearly notified banks about GIC process.

Does anyone know any branch of Bank Al Habib or Meezan Bank in LAHORE that will do it?. Thanks.
Please visit Meezan Bank Garden Town branch Lahore. I made GIC payment from that branch last month without USD account. No issue overall.

Reactions: haceeb

StruggleHard

Sep 10, 2021

Do not worry. If any bank refuses to do so, just email to State Bank of Pakistan at facilitation.fx@sbp.org.pk and also call them if not get response in 1 day. As per the SBP circular it is allowed to send GIC but 99 % banks refuse. Kindly read the whole circular at https://av.sc.com/pk/content/docs/pk-foreign-exchange-facilities.pdf
Just give the refernce of this circular to your bank if they refuse then straight away email to SBP in front of them & quote SBP that ---
in light of SBP’s EPD Circular Letter No. 14 dated 14th Sep 2018- Instructions regarding Provision of Foreign Exchange Facilities for Medical Treatment and Studies Abroad (Attached). As per the quoted circular it states in point 3 of

Foreign Exchange facilities for studies abroad”;

iii) Remittances to the foreign educational institution or the student. Dues, including Tuition Fee, which are payable to the foreign educational institution should be remitted directly to the account of the educational institution and will not be remitted/released to the student. Living or miscellaneous expenses as indicated by the respective foreign institution/university, if not being remitted to the institution, can, however, be sent to the student himself. --

I did the same. Do not worry, they will send the GIC on priority.

Reactions: haceeb

sweetquartz

Sep 26, 2021

hey did you figure it out yet?