+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS India | October applied | Biometrics pending | Ghost update today

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hi, did anyone else receive a ghost update today for similar timeline/profile?

Applied on 26th October for Jan 21 intake.
Biometrics not provided due to VACs closure.
First update on 27th October regarding biometrics collection.
Second update today as a ghost update only in GC key.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
What exactly happened in your application which you're calling a 'ghost updated'?
When I logged in my GC key account, the status showed "There has been an update to your application", while the messages column showed, "Read" , i.e., no new messages. When I viewed my application, there was no change at all. And again the status changed back to "Your action is required" (Cause my biometrics are pending).

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
When I logged in my GC key account, the status showed "There has been an update to your application", while the messages column showed, "Read" , i.e., no new messages. When I viewed my application, there was no change at all. And again the status changed back to "Your action is required" (Cause my biometrics are pending).
Oh okay, did you recently submit any document via the webform or something?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hi, did anyone else receive a ghost update today for similar timeline/profile?

Applied on 26th October for Jan 21 intake.
Biometrics not provided due to VACs closure.
First update on 27th October regarding biometrics collection.
Second update today as a ghost update only in GC key.
That's very normal, if you were unable to submit your biometrics for over a month, the status changes to "submitted".

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Okay. It's just that I haven't heard of any October applicants getting such an update so was just wondering.
Yeah, you may ignore that. Change of application status from "your action required" to "submitted" in 30 days of application submission is an automated thing. Your case is different, which actually is a ghost update. Since you haven't recently sent any webform, the visa officer working on your profile might have made some update in your application.

So I would look at it as a good sign, as it signifies that they've started looking at applications submitted in October for Winter 2021 intake.

Reactions: ChaChaVidhayakHain

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
what is ghost update? where do we get it? in mail address or in GC key?
A ghost update is when your application status gets updated in your GCKey account and when you check for full status of your application, nothing is really changed and your status goes back to older state.

What ChaChaVidhayakHain had posted is an example of a ghost update.

Reactions: M@nish