+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Screwed by the IT glitches

AndreaCh

Jan 10, 2024
Hi,

I moved to Canada from Croatia back in 2015 and in May 2020 I graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Geoscience). Covid delayed my PGWP so it took a while to finally start working. In March 2021 I started working as a geologist and have been employed ever since. After gaining over a year of experience, I submitted an express entry profile in August 2022 (score 491). I received an ITA on January 18th, 2023, and fully submitted all of my documents within a few weeks from receiving the invitation. Haven't heard anything back for several months until late May when I received an email from IRCC stating that I've been invited due to a glitch in the system, asking me whether I'd like my profile still assessed or if I'd drop the application and start from scratch. I immediately asked for my profile to still be assessed because of multiple reasons; I didn't want to start from scratch again and my English test results expired that same month while I was away for work in a remote camp in the north. So it would've taken a while to get to somewhere where i can write that test.
A month later I received an email again where they asked me if i wanted my application assessed, claiming it wasn't clear in my email. My email in which i wrote a sentence "Yes, I would like my application to be assessed." Unreal. Anyways, fast track another month and they send me a biometrics collection letter, so I get out of the bush and into the civilization just to do this as fast as possible, and I get it done. Three days later they send me another email stating that they're withdrawing my application due to a glitch in the system and that I need to submit a new profile.

I talk to a few lawyers, and I pretty much get the advice to start again from everyone, including the IRCC people. After that, I wrote another English test, got highest scores in every field, submitted a new profile, and now I'm waiting with a score of 510 points that is apparently considered to be a low score as of 2024. While all that bs was going on and while they took their sweet ass time to figure out they made a mistake, I missed multiple draws that had a way lower cutoff score than mine.

Bottom line is that my work permit is expiring in October this year, and if anyone has any advice what the hell to do in the meantime, please let me know! It will be much appreciated. But please don't just tell me to have patience because that's already out the window and I'm seriously considering leaving Canada as an option. I've had enough experiences where I supervised and had to teach new immigrants that got PRs immediately upon arrival to Canada with fully faked experience and terrible work ethics, at some point there's enough of slaps in my face :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I moved to Canada from Croatia back in 2015 and in May 2020 I graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Geoscience). Covid delayed my PGWP so it took a while to finally start working. In March 2021 I started working as a geologist and have been employed ever since. After gaining over a year of experience, I submitted an express entry profile in August 2022 (score 491). I received an ITA on January 18th, 2023, and fully submitted all of my documents within a few weeks from receiving the invitation. Haven't heard anything back for several months until late May when I received an email from IRCC stating that I've been invited due to a glitch in the system, asking me whether I'd like my profile still assessed or if I'd drop the application and start from scratch. I immediately asked for my profile to still be assessed because of multiple reasons; I didn't want to start from scratch again and my English test results expired that same month while I was away for work in a remote camp in the north. So it would've taken a while to get to somewhere where i can write that test.
A month later I received an email again where they asked me if i wanted my application assessed, claiming it wasn't clear in my email. My email in which i wrote a sentence "Yes, I would like my application to be assessed." Unreal. Anyways, fast track another month and they send me a biometrics collection letter, so I get out of the bush and into the civilization just to do this as fast as possible, and I get it done. Three days later they send me another email stating that they're withdrawing my application due to a glitch in the system and that I need to submit a new profile.

I talk to a few lawyers, and I pretty much get the advice to start again from everyone, including the IRCC people. After that, I wrote another English test, got highest scores in every field, submitted a new profile, and now I'm waiting with a score of 510 points that is apparently considered to be a low score as of 2024. While all that bs was going on and while they took their sweet ass time to figure out they made a mistake, I missed multiple draws that had a way lower cutoff score than mine.

Bottom line is that my work permit is expiring in October this year, and if anyone has any advice what the hell to do in the meantime, please let me know! It will be much appreciated. But please don't just tell me to have patience because that's already out the window and I'm seriously considering leaving Canada as an option. I've had enough experiences where I supervised and had to teach new immigrants that got PRs immediately upon arrival to Canada with fully faked experience and terrible work ethics, at some point there's enough of slaps in my face :)
- Hope / wait for the EE scores to drop
- Explore PNP programs for the province where you are located
- Have your employer get an approved LMIA so that you can extend your work permit and get more points
- Go back to school and get a master's
- Marry a Canadian
- Leave Canada