Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Anybody knows what is the working hours in weekday and weekends for SCRB (State Crime Records Beaureu) Santhome. I want to go for Finger printing.

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i done mine there

they gave me challan to pay in bank after that i went there,. 1-2 pm lunch and i reached my i went at 2 pm they said all officer r busy and they told me to come next day morning.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I think like most government offices, they work between 10 AM - 5 PM (avoid going between 12 and 2:00 PM).
I would advise you to reach there with the originals/photocopies at 10:30 AM.
In case they ask you to come back later- try to tell them that you work in perungudi or thoraipakkam (or any other place far away from santhome) and how it would be a huge hassle for you.
I hope you have made your fingerprint cards.(Take 2 of them)
All the best to you.

Regards.

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i guess this is the best place to take,and i would suggest to take FP in a card and dont take in a paper

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
So are they open on the saturday ?

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i guess they have but its waste of time if u go on saturday coz they work till 2 and they will tell u to come on monday sometimes

better go on week days

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Then I believe I need to turn to a private finger printing service. I talked to JK consultancy and they are charging 6500 for 2 person. Is it worth ? I have submitted my first set of application on 06/14 so I want to send the finger print request as soon as possible to FBI. Is there any rejection happened from JK consultancy finger printing ?

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantiseema said:
Then I believe I need to turn to a private finger printing service. I talked to JK consultancy and they are charging 6500 for 2 person. Is it worth ? I have submitted my first set of application on 06/14 so I want to send the finger print request as soon as possible to FBI. Is there any rejection happened from JK consultancy finger printing ?
i guess this is best place coz i have donr with these SCRB the only charge is RS 50 ,no need to waste ur money and i have got my FBI clearence in 7 weeks.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I don't think anyone can advise you if any service is worth the money (in this case JK's fingerprinting for Rs6500).It is upto you to decide what is value for money and what is your spending power.
If you have half a day to spare, u can save up on the money and get it done in SCRB.

If you don't have the flexibility of spending/wasting half a day, you should not worry about the high cost charged by JK.

Just my point of view.
All the best.

R

rishabshanker

Hi Shantiseema,

If you are getting your fingerprinting done for a PCC then the nightmare only begins with the SCRB...theres a long way to go after that...in my case I had a great experience at the SCRB (for the first time ever at a govt office for me) the person in-charge of the fingerprint dept was a gem of a man..dont remember his name though...he was the first govt official I met who was genuinely helpful and didnt act like I owed him money and was not returning it, he explained the whole process and also helped me with the further processes. In my case I had to get a PCC from kuwait since I lived there for 6 months and 2 weeks in 2003 (its a different painful story reg the PCC which I have posted elsewhere on this forum).

I dont know about private agencies such as JK, but in my opinion its always better to go with the govt agencies because otherwise you might get stuck somewhere down the line later and some other govt dept will ask you to go back and start from scratch.

All the Best & God Bless
Cheers,
Rishab