+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotiabank GIC Process to follow from Pakistan

Hajraibsal

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
Even I am facing the same issu.
My visa is rejected, so I apply for Scotiabank GIC refund, they processed but my money could not come to Pakistan, reason they nention as my bank is not accepting CAD transaction and asked me to give them canadian dollar account which actually does not exist in Pakistan, can anyone suggest how to receive money from Scotia bank into my eithet USD or Pak Rupee account. Thx
In my case i used the swift code of specific branch where i have my dollar account. Now i resubmitted the form using the swift code of hbl head office which would receive CAD, convert it to USD and then send to my account. I just hope it works now

hasanghalib

Jun 5, 2021
In my case i used the swift code of specific branch where i have my dollar account. Now i resubmitted the form using the swift code of hbl head office which would receive CAD, convert it to USD and then send to my account. I just hope it works now
When did you re-submit the form? I hope this works for you & keep me posted on it so, I can do the same, or probably may open an account with hbl.

hasanghalib

Jun 5, 2021
Did you check with hbl whether they would be able to receive CAD?

Hajraibsal

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
When did you re-submit the form? I hope this works for you & keep me posted on it so, I can do the same, or probably may open an account with hbl.
I had an account in hbl. Resubmitted the form like 10 days ago.
You need to check with your bank, not hbl

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
My visa is rejected, so I apply for Scotiabank GIC refund, they processed but my money could not come to Pakistan, reason they nention as my bank is not accepting CAD transaction and asked me to give them canadian dollar account which actually does not exist in Pakistan, can anyone suggest how to receive money from Scotia bank into my eithet USD or Pak Rupee account. Thx
Can you please share your timeline?
When did your review of eligibility start?
When did you receive your refusal?

Hajraibsal

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
I've sent my GIC from HABIB METRO BANK(commercial market RWP). They sent money through my PKR account. Do you know how to get your GIC refund in PKR account?
Please help if you can. Thanks in advance
You need to visit that branch, they can provide specific details about pkr account. Usually it happens that the headoffice of that specific bank receives CAD amount and convert it into either USD or PKR depending on whatever account you have.

Reactions: kingpin00

Hajraibsal

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
Did you get the refund??

hasanghalib

Jun 5, 2021
Did you get the refund??
So far nothing, I wrote some emails & made some phone calls, I received an email today asking me to re-submit the refund application which I did. But, the application got rejected due to my previous application. Anyways I have written once again an email to check & let me know. I think it's purely a delaying tactic to keep our money & earn interest, isn't it?

Hajraibsal

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
So far nothing, I wrote some emails & made some phone calls, I received an email today asking me to re-submit the refund application which I did. But, the application got rejected due to my previous application. Anyways I have written once again an email to check & let me know. I think it's purely a delaying tactic to keep our money & earn interest, isn't it?
Did they reject your application immediately after resubmitting? If thats the case, its strange. In my case, i resubmitted the application and they took almost 3 weeks to send the email that they have processed my refund. Now its upto "my bank" to respond. The issue is on our end,Pakistani banks should know how to deal with remittances.

hasanghalib

Jun 5, 2021
Did they reject your application immediately after resubmitting? If thats the case, its strange. In my case, i resubmitted the application and they took almost 3 weeks to send the email that they have processed my refund. Now its upto "my bank" to respond. The issue is on our end,Pakistani banks should know how to deal with remittances.
Not necessary, I have received funds from Canada itself from some of my relatives in my account, How come a financial institution is unable to send the money to Pakistan. its all bulshit