+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Score for Overseas Work Experience - Confused!!

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Folks,

I had more than three years and three months of foreign work experience plus two years and seven months of Canadian work experience. Both are in engineering field (NOC B).

My Ielts score: L (7.5), R (7.5), S (7.0) and W (7.0)

I used CRS tool to calculate the score for Skill Transferability Factors (Foreign Work Experience). And the score for this section is 50.
But the EE profile gives me 38!

Anybody knows if I miss anything when I was updating the profile?

Thanks a lot.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
How long ago was the work experience obtained? Seems like you are only getting points for "1 or 2 years of foreign work experience".

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
devnill said:
How long ago was the work experience obtained? Seems like you are only getting points for "1 or 2 years of foreign work experience".
7 years ago.

Yes, 38 points only compensates 2-year work experience. But why does the CRS tool grant 50 points? Any credibility for this tool?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1982 said:
7 years ago.

Yes, 38 points only compensates 2-year work experience. But why does the CRS tool grant 50 points? Any credibility for this tool?
The CRS tool is accurate.
If your CRS in the tool and your EE profile don't match, it's because you've done something wrong.

Keep in mind that the tool asks you how many years of work experience you have, while the profile asks for your work experience in months; this catches a lot of people out.