+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A Background / Declaration (Form IMM 5669) - Questions

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Schedule A Background / Declaration (Form IMM 5669)

My daughter, a citizen of Canada, is my sponsor. I am principal applicant and the only one person in sponsorship application. My Wife is a Permanent resident (approved under Refugee Status) in Canada.

I have question regarding following question in Schedule A Background / Declaration (Form IMM 5669)

-----

6. Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:

c) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

My wife applied for Refugee Status and was approved. She is a Permanent Resident in Canada for many years now.
Question: Do I need to check under 'Yes'?

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I applied for Permanent Residence Visa (FSW more than 10 years ago) and Visitor Visa about 5 years ago. Was refused both.
*I checked under 'Yes'.

e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?

I already checked under 'Yes' for question d (above).
Question: Does that mean I was also refused admission to Canada? Do I need to check under 'Yes'?

j) been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?

My wife was detained when she applied for Refugee Status?
Question: Do I need to check under 'Yes'?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
if your wife is a PR in canada, why are you having your daughter sponsor you? isn't it much quicker to do spousal sponsorship rather than parent sponsorship? also, parent sponsorship has a minimum income requirement while spousal sponsorship does not.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
rhcohen2014:
I expected an answer to my question. However, to answer your question: Sponsorship is already approved. Application is already in process and in final stage.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
If you are the applicant and your wife is already here then you should be filling out YOUR info and not your wifes as she isn't on the application?

This application pretains to you not her

Hopefully that helps you answer the questions better

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
sammystorm19 said:
If you are the applicant and your wife is already here then you should be filling out YOUR info and not your wifes as she isn't on the application?

This application pretains to you not her

Hopefully that helps you answer the questions better
Thank you sammystorm19 for your answer.

The question is - "Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:"

It clearly states '...any of your family members...'. Doesn't that mean my wife is a family member for the purpose/answer to this question?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajaJi said:
Thank you sammystorm19 for your answer.

The question is - "Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:"

It clearly states '...any of your family members...'. Doesn't that mean my wife is a family member for the purpose/answer to this question?
Since your wife is already a PR, why would she be included in your application?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
when it comes to the application forms, "family members" and "spouse" ONLY mean people who are also included in that specific pr application seeking pr approval. Since your wife is already a PR, and your daughter is ONLY sponsoring you, your wife is not considered a "family member" for application purposes.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Ponga said:
Since your wife is already a PR, why would she be included in your application?
Thank you Ponga for responding. My wife is not included in the application. It is just the question, a bit confusing to me. As from your and Sammy's answer, I understand that since my wife is not included in the application, even though she is a family member, I can check under 'No' for question 6 c and 6 j. Is that a correct understanding? Thanks again.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
rhcohen2014 said:
when it comes to the application forms, "family members" and "spouse" ONLY mean people who are also included in that specific pr application seeking pr approval. Since your wife is already a PR, and your daughter is ONLY sponsoring you, your wife is not considered a "family member" for application purposes.
Thank you rhcohen2014 for clarification.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
RajaJi said:
Thank you rhcohen2014 for clarification.
of course this doesn't mean you don't list your wife in the application where appropriate. for example, you would list her on the imm5406: additional family information form as your spouse.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
rhcohen2014 said:
of course this doesn't mean you don't list your wife in the application where appropriate. for example, you would list her on the imm5406: additional family information form as your spouse.
Thank you again rhcohen2014. Yes, she is/was listed as spouse in IMM 5406.