+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A Background Declaration - Education

fatima7827

Nov 13, 2019
In the Schedule A Background Declaration form we need to mention the details of Elementary, Secondary & University education history. I have done two 1 year certificate course from Canada and I'm applying under Canadian Experience Class. Do I have to provide all the certificates and transcripts of each education that I done from overseas as well? I'm not claiming any points for overseas education. Please clarify.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In the Schedule A Background Declaration form we need to mention the details of Elementary, Secondary & University education history. I have done two 1 year certificate course from Canada and I'm applying under Canadian Experience Class. Do I have to provide all the certificates and transcripts of each education that I done from overseas as well? I'm not claiming any points for overseas education. Please clarify.
They don't ask for the certificates and transcripts. They just require you to list all education.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You'll only provide for the highest degrees of education. In your case 2 1-year certificates.
Of course you'll need to support them both since you get additional points for having 2.

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi, Could someone please advise where I should list Professional qualifications such as Chartered Accountancy / CPA (pursued from an independent Professional Accounting Body or Institute) under IMM 5669? Should i show it under University/College or Trade/Other Post Secondary?
Any help is really really appreciated! Thank u..

Also, does the below look alright:-

Elementary/Primary: 10 (Nursery to 7th)
Secondary/High School: 5 (9th to 12)
University/College: 5 (Bachelors -3 & Masters -2)

My main confusion is where do i include my Professional qualifications - CA & CPA??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, Could someone please advise where I should list Professional qualifications such as Chartered Accountancy / CPA (pursued from an independent Professional Accounting Body or Institute) under IMM 5669? Should i show it under University/College or Trade/Other Post Secondary?
Any help is really really appreciated! Thank u..

Also, does the below look alright:-

Elementary/Primary: 10 (Nursery to 7th)
Secondary/High School: 5 (9th to 12)
University/College: 5 (Bachelors -3 & Masters -2)

My main confusion is where do i include my Professional qualifications - CA & CPA??
You can list it under education if you want, but it is neither University/College nor Trade/Other - just don´t count it towards the time.

It is really an employment qualification, so include your certification with your employment documents.

fatima7827

Nov 13, 2019
You'll only provide for the highest degrees of education. In your case 2 1-year certificates.
Of course you'll need to support them both since you get additional points for having 2.
Thanks for your reply. That mean I will only provide Education documents for my Canadian degree, but as I'm not claiming any points for overseas education so I don't have to provide those documents.

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
You can list it under education if you want, but it is neither University/College nor Trade/Other - just don´t count it towards the time.

It is really an employment qualification, so include your certification with your employment documents.
Hi, thanks a ton for your reply..
I agree it’s neither University/College nor Trade/Other post secondary.

So basically, you’re saying that I can give details of it under “Education History” but not write the No. of years in any level of schooling..right?
But will it be okay to not show the no. of years even if i was awarded a WES equivalency of “3 years Bachelors degree” for my Chartered Accountancy and claimed points towards my CRS?

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Further, I started pursuing CA after my 12th and it went on till after 2 years of my Bachelors degree..i.e. there are overlapping years—it looks like this:

1995-2010: Primary&Secondary School (15years)
2010-2013: Bachelors (3years)
2011-2015: Chartered Accountancy (4years)

How do I account for the overlapping years in the “No. of Years” of Levels of Schooling??

These are listed under my Personal History as well. Request you to pls guide me in this too.. Thank u

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Further, I started pursuing CA after my 12th and it went on till after 2 years of my Bachelors degree..i.e. there are overlapping years—it looks like this:

How do I account for the overlapping years in the “No. of Years” of Levels of Schooling??

These are listed under my Personal History as well. Request you to pls guide me in this too.. Thank u
Hmm... don´t think I can guide you. AFAIK WES only evaluates academic programs at colleges and universities, not professional programs. If you got a diploma from a college or university in "chartered accountancy" (not the CA/CPA certification itself), which is not something I´ve ever heard of, then it would be just like any other academic qualification.

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hmm... don´t think I can guide you. AFAIK WES only evaluates academic programs at colleges and universities, not professional programs. If you got a diploma from a college or university in "chartered accountancy" (not the CA/CPA certification itself), which is not something I´ve ever heard of, then it would be just like any other academic qualification.
WES recognises and evaluates CA (I can say this as it actually has in my case and many other cases as well).

There is no College or University for pursuing CA - Independent Accounting Bodies/Institutes offer these. So there is no question of a Diploma :D

Anyway, I am planning to list it under University/College as WES as given me a Bachelor equivalency! Hope it gets accepted!!!

Thank you for all your help! If any one else knows more about this please send in their replies...I have only 2 days left for submission :p

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018

Could you please advise what did you put in the no. of years for education in your scenario?