+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule 1 Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] Question

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all

Can anyone help clarify this for me? In the Background/Declaration form, #11 says:

"Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18."

The Guide says this:

"You must account for every month during the past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever period is longer."

It seems clear to me that in my wife's case (she is the applicant and 34 years old), she needs to account for every month since she was 18, which is a period of 16 years. My wife thinks I may be misunderstanding it, and says that she has read in (Japanese) forums that others have just accounted for the last ten years, regardless of age. It seems excessive to ask for every month since you were 18 if you are older than 28--what if you are 40 or 50? Do they expect people to remember everything for such a long period?

If anyone can give me a definitive answer I'd really appreciate it.

kumakuma said:
Hello all

Can anyone help clarify this for me? In the Background/Declaration form, #11 says:

"Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18."

The Guide says this:

"You must account for every month during the past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever period is longer."

It seems clear to me that in my wife's case (she is the applicant and 34 years old), she needs to account for every month since she was 18, which is a period of 16 years. My wife thinks I may be misunderstanding it, and says that she has read in (Japanese) forums that others have just accounted for the last ten years, regardless of age. It seems excessive to ask for every month since you were 18 if you are older than 28--what if you are 40 or 50? Do they expect people to remember everything for such a long period?

If anyone can give me a definitive answer I'd really appreciate it.
Your wife should list all her personal history since the time she was 18. Otherwise, the may return her applications and ask to complete her forms with required info.

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
hello kumakuma,
just like mine, at first they rquired me to from 1995 to 2008 and i submitted that last sept 2008. recent i got an e mail from CIC manila . they requested again last sep 10 2009 to submit my personal history since 1984 to present, i was then in my first year in college ( lol!) during those times, so i wrote it down and submitted again sept 11 2009.i hope nothing more documents will be ask after that, all we have to do is to follow what they say.

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! I thought so, but still it seems strange to have to give details for such a long period of time. Luckily my wife has a good memory so we should be ok.
Thanks for the replies!

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
At 18 you are treated as adult person, so responsible for your own acts. That is why they probably request stuff like that.

maanushah

Sep 14, 2009
I recently completed my forms too and I had to put all the personal history since I was 18 and now im 27. In my case I had traveled alot so I had to check my on passport for exit and enter stamps for traveling period.
It is a tough job though !

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
maanushah said:
I recently completed my forms too and I had to put all the personal history since I was 18 and now im 27. In my case I had traveled alot so I had to check my on passport for exit and enter stamps for traveling period.
It is a tough job though !
>ou have to do your personal history sice you were 17 (as you are now 27)

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
thanks skokica,,,,

now i know, i was 18yrs old we back in 1984, The visa Officer wants my personal history 25 yrs before.
thanks again skokica.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
HI,

ON IMM008 THERE IS A QUESTION STATING "VISA OFFICE REQUESTED FOR THE PROCESS OF YOUR APPLICATION???

WHAT SHALL I WRITE... IM HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES?? SHALL I WRITE MANILA.. OR SHOULD IT BE CPC-M...

MANY THANKS..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

badhet said:
HI,

ON IMM008 THERE IS A QUESTION STATING "VISA OFFICE REQUESTED FOR THE PROCESS OF YOUR APPLICATION???

WHAT SHALL I WRITE... IM HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES?? SHALL I WRITE MANILA.. OR SHOULD IT BE CPC-M...

MANY THANKS..
Manila, if you live in the Philippines

PMM