+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SCDL Diploma is evaluated by ICAS

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi Guys, My SCDL PGDIT report is completed by WES today, but I am not able to understand what it is equal to:
I already have a bachelor's degree(3 years - full time) from wes and on top of that SCDL - 2 years of distance learning. now I am not sure how many additional points I will get for this post graduate diploma.

Per WES report : my 3 year bachelor is equal to 3 year full time canadian degree but
this is what the WES report says for the diploma course:

Credential: Post Graduate diploma
Awarded by: Symbiosis center for distance learning
major: information technology

Canadian Equivalency: post graduate diploma from a non-recognized institution.

Kindly let me know what should I select

None, or less than secondary (high school)
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university degree (PhD)
I have asked this question to WES: and awaiting reply, but please let me know your view as well.

to WES:
I have few questions on my 2nd Credential Evaluation report provided by WES: Ref : XXXX

• The status shows as “Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma from a non-recognized institution”, does this mean that my this 2nd education will be treated as Canadian post graduate diploma?
  • Why there is no duration mentioned in the report output? (this was essentially 2 year post graduate diploma with 2 year further extension allowed, and I took 4 years to complete. Where my start was in year 2010 but I completed in year 2014.
  • Since Now I have bachelor’s degree with post graduate diploma: Please let me know what is the best option I can select from Below while applying for the Canadian PR nomination:

• 3.A) Bachelor's degree (three or more-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)
  • 3.B) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
  • 3.C) Master’s degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
  • Kindly reply to all 3 questions individually.

Dec 31, 2019
Current status

07-21-2020Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
03-06-2020Additional Information / Documents Received
03-04-2020Additional information required. Communication sent by email
02-21-2020Additional Information / Documents Received
02-11-2020Application Received

Oct 29, 2018
I just got my ECA reprt from ICAS and they are saying that they do not accept SCDL. What do i do now? After waiting for 8-9 months this is the response.. has anyone experienced this before?

“At this time we are not able to include the Post graduate diploma in IT management. We are revieing are policy on stand alone institutions and we will notify you in writing when the review is complete”

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I just got my ECA reprt from ICAS and they are saying that they do not accept SCDL. What do i do now? After waiting for 8-9 months this is the response.. has anyone experienced this before?

“At this time we are not able to include the Post graduate diploma in IT management. We are revieing are policy on stand alone institutions and we will notify you in writing when the review is complete”
opps not a good news.

Indeed I have applied for my SCDL as well and awaiting the results. however just wants to check which year of the SCDL diplomais this?

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019

Well, when you received this? was it last week or so? i mean recent?

Diksha Mittal

Dec 8, 2021
Dear Forum Members,

I can see loads of queries and ambiguities regarding the evaluation of SCDL Diploma's. I was also sailing in the same boat and I took a decision to try other agency than WES, as WES are not evaluating the SCDL diploma.

I sent my docs to ICAS of Canada. They have evaluated my SCDL- PGDBA as "Post Bachelors Diploma"
I took admission in 2005, however completed my diploma in 2010 from SCDL.

You can visit SCDL website to get the procedure for obtaining the transcripts. It is pretty straight forward process.

ICAS website can provide you all the details about sending your application to them. Though they take good 4 months to evaluate, but this is worth trying.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any query regarding this.

All the best!!!

Max

Hi I am new to this forum,

can you please help, if PGBA from SCDL is equivalent to master degree as evaluated by ICAS? I have pursued PGDBA (SCDL), B.COM (DU)

Diksha Mittal

Dec 8, 2021
Hi max and dear members

can u please confirm if PGDBA from scdl is considered as master degree or two years post graduate diploma?