+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

MovingAhead

Star Member
Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I had my test and interview yesterday at the Scarborough center. During the interview, the officer said that she could not verify the entries into Canada for the trips over the years. This is because everytime we landed at the Pearson, we used the kiosk and there is no physical stamp on our passport. Is this an RQ? Has anyone experienced this? How does this affect timelines?

Any info is appreciated.

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here is my wife's timeline who was processed by Scarborough office.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on August 5, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 18, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Note: Status changed from In process to Decision Made on August 6th and the 5th line showed up on August 8th.

We were hoping oath would have come after September 12, 2015 but oh well, so this should be the end of this journey. Good luck and best wishes to those who are waiting for earliest completion.

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MovingAhead said:
Hi everyone,

I had my test and interview yesterday at the Scarborough center. During the interview, the officer said that she could not verify the entries into Canada for the trips over the years. This is because everytime we landed at the Pearson, we used the kiosk and there is no physical stamp on our passport. Is this an RQ? Has anyone experienced this? How does this affect timelines?

Any info is appreciated.
I would imagine that this most definitely would be a call for detailed evaluation. Although you dont get stamped when entering Canada you should have requested Travel History Record from CBSA and the entry date to Canada should match the Entry/Exit stamps of the country(ies) you visited. So that would be the logical way of confirming your trips abroad and return to Canada. You should have listed each trip on a separate piece of paper, date of departure, destination, airline, PNR, and date of return to Canada with photocopies of each of your passport pages indicating the pages the relevant stamps to each trip are present.

You should go out of your way and beyond when submitting your file and in fact best if you print out RQ formats which are available online, fill them out and send them with your application along with all the evidences of your presence in Canada, again going as far as getting doctors visits records from the Ministry of Health, childrens attendance letters with each years full school reports (if applicable), job letters with pay stubs, taxes, you name it, anything that establishes your presence in Canada on a day to day basis. Letter from your car insurance company stating duration you have been a client etc traffic records if you have any fines, dental, education for yourself and spouse, volunteer work,

The more thorough and complete your file in the initial submission the more likely that it will be processed faster as the officer wont need to revert to you to ask for anything additional. Also should have all passport stamps translated in case they are not in English by authorized translators.

Anyway, so yes if the officer cant confirm the stamps in your passport then they likely cant establish your presence with a high degree of certainty and so likely you will be asked for evidences. Start collecting the above-mentioned if not already done so.

Also a good idea to go to ATIP and ask for case file of your citizenship application e-record via email under privacy act so you can get an idea of how your file has moved and any notes indicated of interest.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

CBSA travel history is also requested from the above-link.

MovingAhead

Star Member
Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deen1981 said:
I would imagine that this most definitely would be a call for detailed evaluation. Although you dont get stamped when entering Canada you should have requested Travel History Record from CBSA and the entry date to Canada should match the Entry/Exit stamps of the country(ies) you visited. So that would be the logical way of confirming your trips abroad and return to Canada. You should have listed each trip on a separate piece of paper, date of departure, destination, airline, PNR, and date of return to Canada with photocopies of each of your passport pages indicating the pages the relevant stamps to each trip are present.

You should go out of your way and beyond when submitting your file and in fact best if you print out RQ formats which are available online, fill them out and send them with your application along with all the evidences of your presence in Canada, again going as far as getting doctors visits records from the Ministry of Health, childrens attendance letters with each years full school reports (if applicable), job letters with pay stubs, taxes, you name it, anything that establishes your presence in Canada on a day to day basis. Letter from your car insurance company stating duration you have been a client etc traffic records if you have any fines, dental, education for yourself and spouse, volunteer work,

The more thorough and complete your file in the initial submission the more likely that it will be processed faster as the officer wont need to revert to you to ask for anything additional. Also should have all passport stamps translated in case they are not in English by authorized translators.

Anyway, so yes if the officer cant confirm the stamps in your passport then they likely cant establish your presence with a high degree of certainty and so likely you will be asked for evidences. Start collecting the above-mentioned if not already done so.

Also a good idea to go to ATIP and ask for case file of your citizenship application e-record via email under privacy act so you can get an idea of how your file has moved and any notes indicated of interest.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

CBSA travel history is also requested from the above-link.
Thank you for the information. That is good to know. We did not apply for the CBSA records as it says on their website that we should not apply directly for the purposes of citizenship application and should only be checking the 'Allow CIC to get info from CBSA' on the application form - which we did. We have all the rest of the airline information available and will keep them ready in case we are asked to submit it.
Thanks again for the info.

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
FINALLY!!!
Had my test on April 1st
Just got my oath for Aug 18, ECAS updated too. :D
Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting!

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasusyt said:
FINALLY!!!
Had my test on April 1st
Just got my oath for Aug 18, ECAS updated too. :D
Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting!
Congratulations. Do you know when it changed to DM?

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Thanks!

No, last time I had checked was Thursday and it was still In Process. Checked again today and it was DM! :D

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
malu08 said:
5 Months Completed. 150 Days. Still Waiting....
5 months after test that's strange. have you contacted your MP?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
51smoker said:
5 months after test that's strange. have you contacted your MP?
I did . They are not of any help. CIC can only help and work at their own pace.

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
You are right.
5 moths passed since exam here too... DM since 36 day and no pink/5th line!

Canado

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did my test today, few hours back. We were told to wait for a letter about the oath ceremony expected in 2-4 months.