Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
KingRez said:
Indeed it is :(

I wanted to get a status update on my case. I called the CIC help desk at 1.888.242.2100 an hour ago. After a few minutes of waiting and many messages encouraging to use their online status system, I got to talk to a lady. First thing she asked was "When did you apply?" I said last November. She said they are told that they can't provide any status info unless the application is made over 24 months ago (she repeated this about 3 times during the conversation). She said this new policy has been in effect since last week!

So no more status info by phone!
Do you guys also get the same response when you call the help desk now?
That makes sense, although someone was able to call and was informed when their oath would be (however, the phone agent got it wrong, as their ecas updated to a different day - lol!) I've called twice and was also told the same thing you were as well - and if I applied in November I shouldn't worry and should get something soon. I expressed anxiety over missing my oath (because we know from these forums it happens as CIC makes mistakes a lot) but he still wouldn't budge. No sense in fighting over it. Just trying not to maul the mail man and scream in front of my neighbours when I get an empty post box. Every day since last Wednesday I wake up filled with hope and every day I go to bed discouraged. It's also making it hard to plan my summer trip back to where I'm from for my grandmother's 80th as I kinda need to get that passport first! (I'm planning on keeping both passports and being a dual citizen, but I don't know how Canada will react if I cross with a US Passport and say I'm Canadian, lol).

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
51smoker said:
My ecas status changed to Decision Made this morning, let's see what's going to happen next
I think it s a good sign. My tranfer to local office has not come back, no Decision made either. Did ur transfer line come back at all?

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Hey Summer,
my transfer line didn't come back at all. but it's showing decision made. I have no clue what's going on there, seems like everyone got different ecase status. I don't know what decision they made, I'll keep you updated. cheers!
summer2014 said:
I think it s a good sign. My tranfer to local office has not come back, no Decision made either. Did ur transfer line come back at all?

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
51smoker said:
Hey Summer,
my transfer line didn't come back at all. but it's showing decision made. I have no clue what's going on there, seems like everyone got different ecase status. I don't know what decision they made, I'll keep you updated. cheers!
Yes, hopefully we got the oath soon, i remember i took the test one day before u and we r from same area.
I ll keep u posted too

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, my eCase shows decision made for my case A but have not got oath letter yet. My case B got oath letter last week but eCase is still in progress.

Oct27

Oct 27, 2014
Hi Folks,

I applied for citizenship in Oct 2014 and I did my test on March 12 at Scarborough Test Center.

Still waiting for a Oath. :( :( :( :( :(

Is this normal? :eek:

Plz share your thoughts !

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct27 said:
Hi Folks,

I applied for citizenship in Oct 2014 and I did my test on March 12 at Scarborough Test Center.

Still waiting for a Oath. :( :( :( :( :(

Is this normal? :eek:

Plz share your thoughts !
Hi,
I did my test on 12th March as well and no news since then. Passed 20/20. Not sure where is it stuck. :(

Harnit

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Me too, everyone else on this page! Did test March 25th, passed 20/20 - got a CIT0520 but Decision Made appeared on ECAS June 3rd. Still waiting for oath letter. I thought I was the only one so I'm glad someone else posted they were waiting!

nawar_n

Mar 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harnit2010 said:
Hi,
I did my test on 12th March as well and no news since then. Passed 20/20. Not sure where is it stuck. :(

Harnit
I had my test at 14th, two days after you and had 20/20 as well. I think they have something against 20/20. They might believe that is too good to be true. You come to think of it, if you got 20/20 you should be rewarded, in some way, in terms of processing a.k.a you are more "eligible" to be Canadian than a handful of new and existing Canadians who can only muster a couple of words in English.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nawar_n said:
I had my test at 14th, two days after you and had 20/20 as well. I think they have something against 20/20. They might believe that is too good to be true. You come to think of it, if you got 20/20 you should be rewarded, in some way, in terms of processing a.k.a you are more "eligible" to be Canadian than a handful of new and existing Canadians who can only muster a couple of words in English.
I wish it was that way. :)

I know someone mentioned on this forum that they got a quick oath schedule because they scored 20/20. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

Harnit

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
I am thinking they are working on applications which can be finished within a year. We still have 2 months to reach 12 month. There recent timeline is they will finish more than 80% application in 12 months.
When we gave the exam on March 17. Officer told me that it will take 2-4 months to get the Oath letter but in any case it will not pass the 4 months.If passes then call us back.

I mean to say they know what they are doing. I know it's frustrating when you are waiting for something and you will not get on time. But here nothing is in our hand.
It's good that it's happening for all of us. May be that patient will reward somewhere.

July1st is appearing and there will be definitely some big ceremony where they will call the ministers. ELections are due this year. So govt might need some crowd to speak about their programs . Just g uess

At the end be cool