+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leave them alone!

It's summer vacation season now, if anything, I would say there is a better chance for them to slow down......

Enjoy your own life. Most of us will be staying in Canada for a very long time, getting the passport 6 months earlier or 6 months later won't have much impact on our lives at all. So take it easy, and enjoy the ONLY precious 5 months Toronto has to offer in a whole year.

Kovachum said:
I think one fine day Scarborough will wake up and we all will get oath on same day.

maisha2015

Apr 12, 2015
Hi all, I have been following this blog from outside but today I just decided to join the discussion and share my story. I wrote the citizenship test on March 7th, 2015 and I passed it. After the test I had an interview during which the officer told me that I met all the requirements to become a Canadian citizen. She said it will take 2 to 6 weeks to be invited for the Oath ceremony. So, I was waiting and waiting but I didn't hear from them since March; I always check my ICAS twice a day to see if there is any update but nothing had changed. Then I realized that most people that we took the test together the same day were invited for the oath ceremony and became citizens 2 to 4 weeks after test! I was frustrated! I was really pissed off! Therefore, today I decided to call the CIC office to inquire about the status of my application. GUESS WHAT THEY TOLD ME:"We sent you an invitation letter but you did not show up, you were supposed to take the oath on May 4th, 2015". WHAT? I explained to him that my ICAS is not updated and I never received the letter. After a long discussion, he puts me on hold for for few moments then he came back and told me that my oath ceremony has been rescheduled for May 19th, 2015 @ 1:00 pm. So please guys, if you think that your file is stuck somewhere I advise you to CALL the CIC because call centre can access your file and give you the most accurate information even if your ICAS is not updated.

My icas is still showing this:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough office on January 29, 2015. The Scarborough office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maisha2015 said:
Hi all, I have been following this blog from outside but today I just decided to join the discussion and share my story. I wrote the citizenship test on March 7th, 2015 and I passed it. After the test I had an interview during which the officer told me that I met all the requirements to become a Canadian citizen. She said it will take 2 to 6 weeks to be invited for the Oath ceremony. So, I was waiting and waiting but I didn't hear from them since March; I always check my ICAS twice a day to see if there is any update but nothing had changed. Then I realized that most people that we took the test together the same day were invited for the oath ceremony and became citizens 2 to 4 weeks after test! I was frustrated! I was really pissed off! Therefore, today I decided to call the CIC office to inquire about the status of my application. GUESS WHAT THEY TOLD ME:"We sent you an invitation letter but you did not show up, you were supposed to take the oath on May 4th, 2015". WHAT? I explained to him that my ICAS is not updated and I never received the letter. After a long discussion, he puts me on hold for for few moments then he came back and told me that my oath ceremony has been rescheduled for May 19th, 2015 @ 1:00 pm. So please guys, if you think that your file is stuck somewhere I advise you to CALL the CIC because call centre can access your file and give you the most accurate information even if your ICAS is not updated.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough office on January 29, 2015. The Scarborough office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
cheer up! atleast you have another oath date coming up :) Congrats!

Can_Best

Apr 7, 2015
maisha2015 said:
I just called CIC (I took the test March 9th) and they mentioned that they are currently working on slotting me in for May 25th Oath Ceremony. The agent also mentioned that if I don't get my invite by next week, I should call them back to confirm the date and logistics. She also mentioned that I DO NOT need a Pinky to attend (just information on location and timing is enough). Thought should let the group know. Will update as I hear more on this.

sk1368

May 5, 2015
I just called the CIC call centre and the guy told me that he can't verify my application status with me and all I have to do now is just to wait. I even told him that on my test day I was told that I should get the oath invitation by 8 weeks and he said it can take much longer than that :(

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in your case, call again and make it really nice and beg for help.

People got invitations already from your testing lot, and there is a chance that your letter is missing.

The agents always try to put you off, no matter what your situation is. You have to push them for your own good.

sk1368 said:
I just called the CIC call centre and the guy told me that he can't verify my application status with me and all I have to do now is just to wait. I even told him that on my test day I was told that I should get the oath invitation by 8 weeks and he said it can take much longer than that :(

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, my oath is May 25th. I was supposed to have received my letter but I never did receive it.

omnomnom3

Apr 14, 2015
Hi Can_Best, congrats on the good news!
I wrote my test the same day as you.

Did you get an email AOR or a proper mailed one? Also, after your test were you given a timeline? I was told that the oath could take 2-4 months.

Thanks.

sk1368

May 5, 2015
dav3000 said:
Hey, my oath is May 25th. I was supposed to have received my letter but I never did receive it.
How did you find out about your oath ceremony invitation? I had my test on march 5th and still have not heard anything.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sk1368 said:
How did you find out about your oath ceremony invitation? I had my test on march 5th and still have not heard anything.
You'll have to call CIC to request the status of your file. Be Polite!!! It seems they ran into some problems while sending out invites for oath ceremonies (Maybe they were dealing with backlog issues).

Can_Best

Apr 7, 2015
omnomnom3 said:
Hi Can_Best, congrats on the good news!
I wrote my test the same day as you.

Did you get an email AOR or a proper mailed one? Also, after your test were you given a timeline? I was told that the oath could take 2-4 months.

Thanks.
omnomnom3, I just called the CIC call center and they gave me this information. The date is not 100% confirmed yet, they asked me to call back next week, in case I don't receive the pinky by then. During the interview, I was given a 6-8 week timeline. I am at 10 weeks now.

omnomnom3

Apr 14, 2015
Can_Best said:
omnomnom3, I just called the CIC call center and they gave me this information. The date is not 100% confirmed yet, they asked me to call back next week, in case I don't receive the pinky by then. During the interview, I was given a 6-8 week timeline. I am at 10 weeks now.
Thanks for the reply.

Did you initially get your AOR by post or by email?

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I feel it is nice to know every timeline. Can someone advice how to put down application timeline as signature when post message? Appreciate in advance.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
maisha2015 said:

Congratulation ...wish we all get it soon...

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update:
Attended my ceremony yesterday. There were 89 new Canadians + guests in the room. Waiting was 30 min and the ceremony was about 1 hour.
Judge was very nice and took picture with us after the ceremony. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

I'm sure yours will come very soon! We all deserve it!

Signing off from this thread. :)