+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

JUST RECEIVED THE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY....IT'S BLUE IN COLOUR AND THE CEREMONY IS AT HMCS YORK, 659 LAKESHORE BLVD WEST.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! :)

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Canstar said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

JUST RECEIVED THE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY....IT'S BLUE IN COLOUR AND THE CEREMONY IS AT HMCS YORK, 659 LAKESHORE BLVD WEST.

Wow, so fast ! Lucky you! Big congrats. At the interview, were u told to wait 2-4 months?

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
No, she said any time between two weeks to four months. I said Wow!! Two weeks...I hope that comes true. She said you will receive credit for a perfect score (20/20). I replied her...Thank You Mam!! You made my day!! She smiled....and I departed.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Canstar said:
No, she said any time between two weeks to four months. I said Wow!! Two weeks...I hope that comes true. She said you will receive credit for a perfect score (20/20). I replied her...Thank You Mam!! You made my day!! She smiled....and I departed.
Interesting !!! most of us were told to wait 2-4 months, maybe they are speeding up the process

chenlica

Mar 20, 2015
took my oath this Wednesday on the 22

judge spoke for like 10 minutes and then the oath in english and french(didnt even know what i was repeating when pronouncing in french...)

then everyone was waiting in turn to be awarded the citizenship certificate

judge gave a 5 minutes closing remark before we sing o canada together to end the ceremony..

all in all i think it's a one hour thing

wish everyone here receive their pinky and do their oath soon!!

thanks!

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canstar said:
Citizenship

Wow!!! Congratulations!! I havn't seen anything that fast. I scored 20/20 as well but still waiting. I had my exam on 12th March. Oath letter in 2 days of test is amazing!!

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
harnit2010 said:
Wow!!! Congratulations!! I havn't seen anything that fast. I scored 20/20 as well but still waiting. I had my exam on 12th March. Oath letter in 2 days of test is amazing!!
Me too I got 20/20 and i done the test on March 10th with no news :( :( :( :( :( :(

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something is really wrong with Scarborough office. Until early March most were getting oath letter in 2 weeks after test. Now its taking close to 2 months. What are they doing there???

Its very odd for this office!!!

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
maali said:
Something is really wrong with Scarborough office. Until early March most were getting oath letter in 2 weeks after test. Now its taking close to 2 months. What are they doing there???

I wish today or by next week we will receive our PINKY LETTER :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:

I think it's the choice of CIC to deliberately delay it (I don't know why). In my opinion, I think if your application is in good standing (you clearly meet residency rqmnts, pass the test and interview without doubts), you should receive an invitation in a week or two. This will be efficient, prevent backlogs and ensure that there is availability to process in coming cases. Well, I guess we all should be patient and not dwell our hearts on it to prevent frustrations (though I can't really say this for those who will be making emergency trips). For comfort, remember routine processing according to CIC is 24 months, thus, in a way we should commend their efforts.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From March 12th, Scarborough stopped giving oath ceremonies for 3 weeks and they gave tons of testing instead, so as a result, they accumulated a very large backlog.

There is not much we can do other than waiting. We all have had a life for a very long time without the Canadian passport, so what's the big deal to go on for another year or two?!

CIC is very unpredictable. Over the years, I know there were people travelling like crazy and got the citizenship in 6 months. there were people never left the country got RQ. There had been people leaving the country right away after the application was send out and still got the citizenship in a few months. there had been people with family, job, houses and the application dragged on for years.

Same thing happens in the US as well.

There had been a friend in the US on H1B waiting for green card for years to no avail. He gave up, left the country for a better career. After 2 years, another US firm hired him back, and this time they offered executive EB1 green card sponsorship, and he got his green card in only 6 months. What happened then? Shortly after, he left the US for a better job in UK.

Again, get on with your life, as long as there is nothing wrong with your application, just ignore however CIC does it's job. We have 0 influence over them anyways.

maali said:

KingRez

Apr 24, 2015
rmust said:
I guess cec2011 had spent time in Canada before landing. Any day you spend in Canada before landing as PR is counted as 0.5 days up to a maximum of 365 days. However this rule will become void around July this year.
I got it! Thanks rmust.

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Took my test April 1st, still waiting for oath.... Sad to see early March people are still waiting also... urgh.. :( congrats everyone who's become a citizen this week!