+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

INCC

May 1, 2014
Hello everyone!

Has anybody had to do fingerprints before test? If so, Please tell me how long it can taker to get the citizenship Test and Oath after the fingerprints is done?

Now, I am very frustrated about the system of Canada. What kind of procedure they follow? In reality…. do they follow any procedures or rules? I don’t think so. I think It is fully depends on the official who are processing your file. They follow ever worst system to conduct this entire thing.

For no reason, I got a letter from CIC to submit my fingerprint on April 28, 2014. Why….. because they found someone has criminal record who has same name of mine. What a stupid idea… Canada has so many unique numbers and by that they can easily identify who actually has criminal record. However, I did my fingerprint on April 29, 2014 and RCMP sent a clear report to CIC on May 12. They found no problem against my name. After that, whenever I call CIC they tell me everything is absolutely fine and we sent your file to Scarborough office for next step.

Today is 17th of July and sorry to say that I did get nothing from Scarborough office. But some of my friends applied in March 2014 they already got their citizenship test letter. Whereas I applied on November 2013 and they started processing my file on feb 06, 2014.

I don’t know what should I do? Can we take any legal action against them? I am not sad but I am very mad at their system. I need to go back home to visit my sick parents but unable to make any decision. Think what happen, if they send citizenship letter the day I left Canada.

If anyone has the same problem and received any feedback from CIC regarding test, Please advise me the timeline. Look forward to hearing soon.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot take any legal action until 36 Months.

I don't think you should complain, people here are waiting since 2011 who are getting oath invite now.

It is the Standard Operating Procedure they have to follow in order to catch suspicious activities. Best you can do at this point is, provide timely information to CIC so that they can make a informed decision on your file.

Hope this helps.

INCC said:
Hello everyone!

Has anybody had to do fingerprints before test? If so, Please tell me how long it can taker to get the citizenship Test and Oath after the fingerprints is done?

Now, I am very frustrated about the system of Canada. What kind of procedure they follow? In reality.... do they follow any procedures or rules? I don't think so. I think It is fully depends on the official who are processing your file. They follow ever worst system to conduct this entire thing.

For no reason, I got a letter from CIC to submit my fingerprint on April 28, 2014. Why..... because they found someone has criminal record who has same name of mine. What a stupid idea... Canada has so many unique numbers and by that they can easily identify who actually has criminal record. However, I did my fingerprint on April 29, 2014 and RCMP sent a clear report to CIC on May 12. They found no problem against my name. After that, whenever I call CIC they tell me everything is absolutely fine and we sent your file to Scarborough office for next step.

Today is 17th of July and sorry to say that I did get nothing from Scarborough office. But some of my friends applied in March 2014 they already got their citizenship test letter. Whereas I applied on November 2013 and they started processing my file on feb 06, 2014.

I don't know what should I do? Can we take any legal action against them? I am not sad but I am very mad at their system. I need to go back home to visit my sick parents but unable to make any decision. Think what happen, if they send citizenship letter the day I left Canada.

If anyone has the same problem and received any feedback from CIC regarding test, Please advise me the timeline. Look forward to hearing soon.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
You cannot take any legal action until 36 Months.

I don't think you should complain, people here are waiting since 2011 who are getting oath invite now.

It is the Standard Operating Procedure they have to follow in order to catch suspicious activities. Best you can do at this point is, provide timely information to CIC so that they can make a informed decision on your file.

Hope this helps.
Hey Vinayapuri,

Can you share your experience in getting RQ? were you told or hinted that your file needs to be looked at etc etc...

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear pnp,

No I was not given any hint during interview instead I was told that I will get oath in 4 to 8 weeks @ Scarborough. Once 2 Months passed and I did not hear back, I assumed something bad is going to happen so I started collecting all the docs. April End I received RQ and within 2 days I was able to respond.

Now my RQ is waiting to be reviewed by Citizenship official. I reached out to my MPs office, they have advised me that Scarborough has a waiting period of 12 to 18 Months for RQ review. So wait!.

dear_pnp said:
Hey Vinayapuri,

Can you share your experience in getting RQ? were you told or hinted that your file needs to be looked at etc etc...

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Dear pnp,

No I was not given any hint during interview instead I was told that I will get oath in 4 to 8 weeks @ Scarborough. Once 2 Months passed and I did not hear back, I assumed something bad is going to happen so I started collecting all the docs. April End I received RQ and within 2 days I was able to respond.

Now my RQ is waiting to be reviewed by Citizenship official. I reached out to my MPs office, they have advised me that Scarborough has a waiting period of 12 to 18 Months for RQ review. So wait!.

Just curious, how many absences you actually had on your residence calculator? Like the number of entries. Do you know what triggered your RQ? Did the officer question all those entries and any other discussion that you had that might help us understand why you got the Post test RQ and that too not right at the test.

Thanks man

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Just curious, how many absences you actually had on your residence calculator? Like the number of entries. Do you know what triggered your RQ? Did the officer question all those entries and any other discussion that you had that might help us understand why you got the Post test RQ and that too not right at the test.

Thanks man
I was frequent traveller because of business and pleasure with no stamps on passport. I maintained a diary of all my travels and declared correctly. I believe they could not validate them with Stamps is the reason. However, the Citizenship official did not raise any concern. So when I reached out to my MP and they called CIC Scarborough, they found out that Judge had concerns on my app. which lead to RQ.

I had my ATIP, does not indicate any specific concerns.

Hope this helps.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I was frequent traveller because of business and pleasure with no stamps on passport. I maintained a diary of all my travels and declared correctly. I believe they could not validate them with Stamps is the reason. However, the Citizenship official did not raise any concern. So when I reached out to my MP and they called CIC Scarborough, they found out that Judge had concerns on my app. which lead to RQ.

I had my ATIP, does not indicate any specific concerns.

Hope this helps.

Okay I understand. But now the question is how do they know you dont have all the stamps?????

Did the officer look at all the stamps?? Did he say you are missing? Did he take photocopies of all pages of your passport??

And is it the judge who decides on RQ? or its the input from the CIC interviewing officer??

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
INCC said:
Hello everyone!

Now, I am very frustrated about the system of Canada. What kind of procedure they follow? In reality.... do they follow any procedures or rules? I don't think so. I think It is fully depends on the official who are processing your file. They follow ever worst system to conduct this entire thing.

For no reason, I got a letter from CIC to submit my fingerprint on April 28, 2014. Why..... because they found someone has criminal record who has same name of mine. What a stupid idea... Canada has so many unique numbers and by that they can easily identify who actually has criminal record. However, I did my fingerprint on April 29, 2014 and RCMP sent a clear report to CIC on May 12. They found no problem against my name. After that, whenever I call CIC they tell me everything is absolutely fine and we sent your file to Scarborough office for next step.

I don't know what should I do? Can we take any legal action against them? I am not sad but I am very mad at their system. I need to go back home to visit my sick parents but unable to make any decision. Think what happen, if they send citizenship letter the day I left Canada.

I would suggest you call CIC and ask them if all of your background checks are done. Rcmp probably sent your fingerprints to CIC but that doesn't mean your background check are completed with RCMP. Ask CIC if all 3 of your background checks are done.

I am in a similar situation i was asked to do my fingerprints on 23rd May and i did them on 28th May. Since than i called cic a few time and the latest info i got was that my file in Scarborough but they are waiting to receive results from RCMP. However CIC received my fingerprints a week after from RCMP. And RCMP can take up to 6 months give results to CIC, its all about being patient and forget that we have applied for citizenship until we get surprised with a letter in our mail.

Good luck.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Okay I understand. But now the question is how do they know you dont have all the stamps?????

Did the officer look at all the stamps?? Did he say you are missing? Did he take photocopies of all pages of your passport??

And is it the judge who decides on RQ? or its the input from the CIC interviewing officer??

Can anyone answer this pleaseee? Senior members...?

kia1

Jul 20, 2014
As per E-Case update on Sunday, the letter to attend ceremony was mailed few days ago :D

received application: December 18, 2013
started processing: February 22, 2014
test: June 13, 2014
Oath: August 1, 2014

Letter was sent July 17, 2014 but I have not received it yet!

INCC

May 1, 2014
crazylove said:
I would suggest you call CIC and ask them if all of your background checks are done. Rcmp probably sent your fingerprints to CIC but that doesn't mean your background check are completed with RCMP. Ask CIC if all 3 of your background checks are done.

I am in a similar situation i was asked to do my fingerprints on 23rd May and i did them on 28th May. Since than i called cic a few time and the latest info i got was that my file in Scarborough but they are waiting to receive results from RCMP. However CIC received my fingerprints a week after from RCMP. And RCMP can take up to 6 months give results to CIC, its all about being patient and forget that we have applied for citizenship until we get surprised with a letter in our mail.

Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, I did contact with CIC call center, they confirmed that they have received fingerprint report from RCMP on May 12 and no problem with the report. They forwarded my file to Scarborough office.

I know I can't do nothing except wait. I am mad because doing nothing wrong I am getting punishment.

Good luck to you also. let me know if you get any update from CIC. Thx

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just call CIC if you don't get a letter within a week, that is, by 24th of July. If it the oath date has appeared on your eCAS you can just call them for the venue and confirm the time they want you to arrive (this time is generally earlier than what's publicly posted to allow for the registration and briefing before the actual ceremony). You may just want to print out your eCAS in case the letter never arrive. Ask CIC as well to email you the venue/time details. CIC won't however email you the invitation letter.

kia1 said:
As per E-Case update on Sunday, the letter to attend ceremony was mailed few days ago :D

received application: December 18, 2013
started processing: February 22, 2014
test: June 13, 2014
Oath: August 1, 2014

Letter was sent July 17, 2014 but I have not received it yet!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my latest ATIP, it has two Notes -

Fist is - completed RQ and copies of supporting documents received from Client and forwarded to GLP

2nd is - File Put on RQ Shelf to be reviewed by an Officer. GLP.

What does GLP means?? :eek: Anyone?? Sounds like some name of a person or a clerical department within CIC-Scar. Not sure how much time it will take to move RQ off of this RQ Shelf.... I don't think Scarborough office has any organized structure to line up and review the RQs. I hope it get reviewed soon

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I just got my latest ATIP, it has two Notes -

Fist is - completed RQ and copies of supporting documents received from Client and forwarded to GLP

2nd is - File Put on RQ Shelf to be reviewed by an Officer. GLP.

What does GLP means?? :eek: Anyone?? Sounds like some name of a person or a clerical department within CIC-Scar. Not sure how much time it will take to move RQ off of this RQ Shelf.... I don't think Scarborough office has any organized structure to line up and review the RQs. I hope it get reviewed soon

Forwarded to GLP?? Hmmm sure its not GSP? If it is, then GSP is george st pierre :D :D :D :D :D