+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I agree with Esteem, My husband sent it personally to the local office just like how the immigration officer told him to do at the interview, but we do not have any recipe to prove we sent it. when my husband sent it the immigration officer took the big file from him stamp on it and that's it. I would agree it's a good idea to send it by Canada post registered too, so at least you will have something to remind you of the date, when, where and who delivered and who received it. I wish we just posted my husbands RQ. anyways we are both waiting for oath and he still have 4 months to go before completing the 35 months mark, which even the MP told him to wait, they cant do anything about it now, and that everyone is going to the MP for the same problem.
as about me I have few days left before completing my 3 months mark of waiting for oath after the test.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all persons who replied on my post. I was thinking that Canada Post will charge $200-$300 because its around 400-pages of RQ file. $30-$40 charges not big deal. Will send through Canada Post.

Again thanks to all.

Jabuela said:
Hi
I agree with Esteem, My husband sent it personally to the local office just like how the immigration officer told him to do at the interview, but we do not have any recipe to prove we sent it. when my husband sent it the immigration officer took the big file from him stamp on it and that's it. I would agree it's a good idea to send it by Canada post registered too, so at least you will have something to remind you of the date, when, where and who delivered and who received it. I wish we just posted my husbands RQ. anyways we are both waiting for oath and he still have 4 months to go before completing the 35 months mark, which even the MP told him to wait, they cant do anything about it now, and that everyone is going to the MP for the same problem.
as about me I have few days left before completing my 3 months mark of waiting for oath after the test.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga office has already posted citizenship oath ceremony dates as far as May 7th.

Scarborough office isn't showing any oath after 24th April.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

oathwait137

Apr 9, 2014
I am going through this thread and I am confused a little.

Do people get RQ after passing test and interview? Does the interviewer say anything about RQ during interview?

I did my test on March 21st and passed the test and interview. The interviewer told me I will get the invitation for ceremony in 4 to 6 weeks. Still waiting for that invite...but got curious what are the possible next steps from now?

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No body knows the next step. Usually it is Oath invitation RQ or Judge hearing, or akking for some more documents........
But no worry you will receive Oath letter.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oathwait137 said:
I am going through this thread and I am confused a little.

Do people get RQ after passing test and interview? Does the interviewer say anything about RQ during interview?

I did my test on March 21st and passed the test and interview. The interviewer told me I will get the invitation for ceremony in 4 to 6 weeks. Still waiting for that invite...but got curious what are the possible next steps from now?
welcome to the board of waiting ship.... I wish you good luck as I wish that Scarborough office stop saying 4-6 weeks, I don't know what 4-6 weeks mean to them,,, the are bluffing with us.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right, they are bluffing with us. In my case, officer asked me for NOA/T4. I said that I can bring tomorrow, he said that he is off tomorrow and will confirm from CRA and will take 1-month. After 2-month, they send me RQ, that was ridiculus.

Jabuela said:
welcome to the board of waiting ship.... I wish you good luck as I wish that Scarborough office stop saying 4-6 weeks, I don't know what 4-6 weeks mean to them,,, the are bluffing with us.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At Last, Yesterday, I sent my RQ with supporting docs to Scarborough Town Centre. Let see, how long they take for oath.

shakeel7 said:
Thanks for all persons who replied on my post. I was thinking that Canada Post will charge $200-$300 because its around 400-pages of RQ file. $30-$40 charges not big deal. Will send through Canada Post.

Again thanks to all.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, just came back from amazing trip to LA... checked mailbox and no news from CIC. 3 Months have passed, I received my physical CIC file via ATIP... doesnt say a thing... only thing is that in the calculator assessment three are no check marks for the trips without stamps. So lets see...

I m going to call MP office on Tuesday and have them follow up. My CBSA ATIP is due by tuesday too..so will have a better picture...

looks like Jabula ans Chryss still waiting too...

CanadianDiego

Apr 17, 2014
For those interested here's my updated timeline from ECAS. Funny thing, it was updated on good friday. It was 3 1/2 weeks between test and oath letter. After the test they had told me 2-4 months. Cheers!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 4, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 4, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 16, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations.. amazing timeline. Enjoy, cheers.

CanadianDiego said:
For those interested here's my updated timeline from ECAS. Funny thing, it was updated on good friday. It was 3 1/2 weeks between test and oath letter. After the test they had told me 2-4 months. Cheers!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 4, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 4, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 16, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
No news today :( :( :( :( :(
Weren't all offices off yesterday? I assumed that there will be no updates today.

All employees have to share the weekend stories with each other today. Especially that it was Easter! So no time to update the system or work on applications. Please be considerate and understanding :p

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi fellows,

We took our oath today and became Canadian citizens ;D
thank you so much everybody for your help and good luck to all.