Scarborough office citizenship oath

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Timeline:
=============
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on November 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

I appeared in Citizenship test on Dec. 02, 2013 and Passed the test but Immigration officer asked me questions regarding my stay in Canada. I explained and showed all related document but he asked me for T4/Tax Assessments. I told him that I can bring tomorrow in his office, he said that he is off tomorrow and will verify from Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) and it will take 1-month. Now, its almost 3-months and still waiting for Oath ceremony.

My MPP contacted CIC and said that:
"Your file is not being sent to a judge for a hearing, it is being sent to a judge to decide on the grant of citizenship.
This is the last step in the process once you have completed all the requirements. Assuming the judge approves the grant of citizenship, you will be scheduled for your oath and ceremony."

I also sent my T4/Tax Assessments to CIC and they forwarded to Scarborough Office last month. How long will CJ take to decide on the grant of citizenship?

Any idea?

Shakeel Azhar

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shakeel, probably similar thing happening to me as well.. did you try calling CIC if they have any electronic notes in your file?

shakeel7 said:
My Timeline:
=============
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on November 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

I appeared in Citizenship test on Dec. 02, 2013 and Passed the test but Immigration officer asked me questions regarding my stay in Canada. I explained and showed all related document but he asked me for T4/Tax Assessments. I told him that I can bring tomorrow in his office, he said that he is off tomorrow and will verify from Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) and it will take 1-month. Now, its almost 3-months and still waiting for Oath ceremony.

My MPP contacted CIC and said that:
"Your file is not being sent to a judge for a hearing, it is being sent to a judge to decide on the grant of citizenship.
This is the last step in the process once you have completed all the requirements. Assuming the judge approves the grant of citizenship, you will be scheduled for your oath and ceremony."

I also sent my T4/Tax Assessments to CIC and they forwarded to Scarborough Office last month. How long will CJ take to decide on the grant of citizenship?

Any idea?

Shakeel Azhar

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my citizenship oath, held at "Scarbaria CIC office" and became Canadian Citizen. Over all it went very smooth and nice cermony. 120 people were attended for Oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. All the Best for the rest of the May 2013 Applicants.

Randy

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice, Congratulations Randy. Cheers.

Randypandy said:
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my citizenship oath, held at "Scarbaria CIC office" and became Canadian Citizen. Over all it went very smooth and nice cermony. 120 people were attended for Oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. All the Best for the rest of the May 2013 Applicants.

Randy

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I requested ATIP on February 13, still waiting.

vinaypuri said:
Hi Shakeel, probably similar thing happening to me as well.. did you try calling CIC if they have any electronic notes in your file?

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Electronic. I requested on February 13, still waiting. When you requested?

vinaypuri said:
Did you request electronic file or the physical file? I just did too, I selected the physical file option.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did it today after I spoke with CIC Call center. Call Center person told me that she can't say what CIC Scarborough is doing with my file.

She said, all she sees in electronic notes is - that I had test on Jan 22nd, she can't even see if I passed or not. Since then my file is at Scarborough and they cannot follow up until 6 Months have passed.

I know I passed the test because Immigration officer told me during interview that I have 20/20 and I will receive the Oath within two months. Now 10 days remaining in 2 Months I did not receive any invite which tells me for sure it is not within 2 months.

So I m thinking either they found something in my file on which they want to do additional investigation or it is hanging in somewhere in the pile. That's why I asked for physical file.

shakeel7 said:
Electronic. I requested on February 13, still waiting. When you requested?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all,

Randy
Congrats! All the best

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, waiting time for Oath mentioned on their Board and also told us was 2-4 months, not 2-months. If officer didn't discussed/Questioned anything, then you are fine. Just relaxed.

As in my case, after test: First officer, asked me about my trip in Pakistan and verified the stamps but due to lack of her training, didn't satisfied with my explanation. She said that wait outside. After 1-2 hour, 2nd Officer asked me about trips and stamps. When I told him from begining to end and also told that your Residence Calculater doesn't allow us to go back more that 4-years, that's why dates prior to 4-years not showing on Residence Calculator. Although, he was satisfied with me but asked me about T4/Tax Assessments of previous years. I told him that I can bring tomorrow in his office, he said that he is off tomorrow and will verify from Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) and it will take 1-month. Now, its almost 3-months and still waiting for Oath ceremony.

I just called CIC, they said that everything fine but Scarborough Office will arrange for your Oath but doesn't know when.

Let's hope for this month.

vinaypuri said:
I did it today after I spoke with CIC Call center. Call Center person told me that she can't say what CIC Scarborough is doing with my file.

She said, all she sees in electronic notes is - that I had test on Jan 22nd, she can't even see if I passed or not. Since then my file is at Scarborough and they cannot follow up until 6 Months have passed.

I know I passed the test because Immigration officer told me during interview that I have 20/20 and I will receive the Oath within two months. Now 10 days remaining in 2 Months I did not receive any invite which tells me for sure it is not within 2 months.

So I m thinking either they found something in my file on which they want to do additional investigation or it is hanging in somewhere in the pile. That's why I asked for physical file.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Shakeel.. let's hope we get it soon. If CIC did not comment about anything in that case in your electronic notes ATIP, you won't see anything because they are just print outs from there online system.

I think Judge reviews both.. electronic as well as the physical notes made by immigration officer.

Keep me updated as soon as hear back from ATIP or oath.

shakeel7 said:
No, waiting time for Oath mentioned on their Board and also told us was 2-4 months, not 2-months. If officer didn't discussed/Questioned anything, then you are fine. Just relaxed.

As in my case, after test: First officer, asked me about my trip in Pakistan and verified the stamps but due to lack of her training, didn't satisfied with my explanation. She said that wait outside. After 1-2 hour, 2nd Officer asked me about trips and stamps. When I told him from begining to end and also told that your Residence Calculater doesn't allow us to go back more that 4-years, that's why dates prior to 4-years not showing on Residence Calculator. Although, he was satisfied with me but asked me about T4/Tax Assessments of previous years. I told him that I can bring tomorrow in his office, he said that he is off tomorrow and will verify from Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) and it will take 1-month. Now, its almost 3-months and still waiting for Oath ceremony.

I just called CIC, they said that everything fine but Scarborough Office will arrange for your Oath but doesn't know when.

Let's hope for this month.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, bad news... I just got a letter from CIC asking Consent to request my history of entries directly from CBSA. Going to send it to them today.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Guys, bad news... I just got a letter from CIC asking Consent to request my history of entries directly from CBSA. Going to send it to them today.
But with your citizenship application, did you not already provide this consent?