+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

My mom finally had her oath on Sept 17 at 12:30pm at Mississauga (originally Scarborough office, Nov 2017 applicant, 55+). She also received a passport with urgent processing for next business day pick up as she had the flight booked. Be aware though, passport office clerk was very rude, and instigating us that he started keeping on mentioning how he doesn't believe that my mom has stayed in Canada for the last 5 years as she actually went back to her country in April and came back for the interview in May (and I said she was granted citizenship based on her history, and he could actually check for my mom's travel history if he wants). He also said that he doesn't believe that my mom is returning back to Canada as her returning ticket is booked for next year. I thought as a Canadian, it doesn't matter where I live and what I do as long as it is not against the law. And I didn't know that as a Canadian, we are treated as a some sort of criminal as he was doubting our intension. Even criminals are innocent until proven guilty!! Anyways, that clerk was just being a jerk and abusing his authority through unconscious bias based in her urgent processing request. There is differences on being strict and being a jerk. I will definitely have my formal complaint out to the passport office and make sure that agent gets disciplinary act, as I strongly believe in Canadian culture that promotes respect and dignity.

Sorry for the long post. But at the end my mom has her passport and will fly out soon.
Thank you again for the amazing support and info, it's been very helpful on my end. And good luck with everyone as well!!

Admin, keep up the good work!!! You guys rock!!
She could have had a one way ticket and it still shouldn't have been a concern of this person! This certainly was a good one to have been reported to a supervisor.

Reactions: Gigibanat

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone;

Anyone from Toronto or GTA who has applied to citizenship on October 2017 and still waiting for a decision or invitation for oath? I'll appreciate gathering some data to see where I am now. Here is my log:

18 Oct 2017: App sent
20 Oct : App received
5 Jan 2018: AOR
23 Jan : eCAS status changed to "In Process"
11 Apr: Invitation for test
3 May: Tast taken (passed)
..... Still waiting since then

Appreciate your response.
Thank you
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Question for those who took their oath in the mississauga office. What arrangements do they have for kids. Also, do they allow you to go washroom during the ceremony. I will have kids and wanted to make sure that i am fully prepared with regards to them.

SK1010

Sep 24, 2018
Hi All,

Has any one done his/her OATH at below location?

Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi All,

Has any one done his/her OATH at below location?

Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East
Sometimes they have special Ceremony at different places so it’s nothing to worried about. It’s a nice place I been there a couple years ago for a wedding congrats and breathe.

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Question for those who took their oath in the mississauga office. What arrangements do they have for kids. Also, do they allow you to go washroom during the ceremony. I will have kids and wanted to make sure that i am fully prepared with regards to them.
I'm not sure either as I am worried. I would have avoided taking my kids, but I was told to bring them and I do not want any trouble for not taking them!

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.
Hi, thanks for your efforts. Do you have the same sheet but for 2018. Someone was kind enough to send me a sheet about 2018, but it does not look like the one you have. Thank you

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, Congrats, Would you share with us your application timeline, Thanks
It's on the sheet.

ID Location App. Type Physical Presence Days App. Sent App. Delivered AOR In Process ecas Test Invite letter/ecas date Test Interview date Decision Made
Derut Scarborough Family (3) 1400 Dec 06, 2017 Dec 07, 2017 Jan 23, 2018 Feb 12, 2018 May 01, 2018 May 15, 2018 May 17, 2018