N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
New trend.
Agreed. Mine will be in Mississauga too though Test was in Scarborough and I am a Scarborough applicant as well.

Oath Date: 20th Sep 2018, Thursday, Misissauga Citizenship Office.

The whole process took about shitty 11 months!

Admins please update your sheet for others to follow.

Last edited:

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Question: to bring guests to the oath ceremony, do i need to notify IRCC first or just bring them with me on the oath day? thanks :)

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
No, there’s no need to notify them, unless you’re planning to bring the neighbourhood with you.;)
Usually they do not encourage more than 2 people; as I have heard from many people and CIC as well. :)

All the best for those attending Oath Ceremonies!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Agreed. Mine will be in Mississauga too though Test was in Scarborough and I am a Scarborough applicant as well.

Congrats.

SS Updated.

Reactions: salimnw

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
Hello all,

To everyone who wants to travel or will be away during your DM to oath. I am a January2018 applicant. Awaiting for my oath letter. Did my exam July2018 (scarborough).
I just want to share the outcome of my conversation with the agent. I told the agent that I will be away for the month of November 2018 and he asked me the dates when I am away and told me that he included it in my file so person handling my file will be aware. Anyone with the same issue?

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018

I understand..the wait time from DM to Oath is Ridiculous

Reactions: deeana_n
Just got my oath invitation today. It's coming people. Stay strong!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Ecas hasn't updated the last part yet but got the invite today. Around 11am.
Congrats!

Got oath invite for my father at Mississauga for 18th sep. ecase not yet updated with fifth line.

it has been a long struggle and stressful journey for me as I came on my own and a single lady. But it was all worth it and am well settled now. Only one regret that my mother did not made it to citizenship but she always wanted to stay in india till her end and got her wish. I had to immigrate my parents as no one was there in India to look after them.

Thank you all for sharing the information in this forum. I wish for speedy process of applicants still waiting. I understand it’s not easy to keep patience all the time. I had been mostly a silent observer but it all helped and calmed my nerves at times. Lol
Congrats!

Myself and son became citizens this morning as scheduled. It was attended by 100 people from 30 countries. It was a nice experience to finally complete the process with the help of all of you here.

I thank God for everything and I am grateful to all the admins here that help keep everything moving while answering our numerous questions.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.