+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Today, after almost 13 months of routine process we finally got our citizenship certificates. It was extremely long and frustrated journey.
We got our test after 11.5 month of waiting. I wish to all of the people here to get the oath asap. I've just wanted to remind you , that you even don't understand how lucky you are. We saw tens of thousands people getting their oath while we waiting for the interview invitation only.
But fortunately all those days are over.

So have a good weekend to all of you and your families. See you as a Canadian Citizens very soon!
Congrats, i remember you mentioned before that you were an April 2017 applicant...you've waited for a long time indeed, but happy to hear its all over now :)..enjoy the IRCC-free life

Mar 21, 2018
Congrats, i remember you mentioned before that you were an April 2017 applicant...you've waited for a long time indeed, but happy to hear its all over now :)..enjoy the IRCC-free life[/QUOTE ]
Yes, Application received on April 6, 2017.

Thanks, and wish to all of you finish the process soon.

Last edited:

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The July 1st ceremonies typically have hundreds of oath-takers. And I think if you looked into it properly, you'd find that Mississauga and Scarborough share judges. It's not likely that it's just as simple as finding more judges. I'm sure the administrative staff in the office has to split time between processing incoming, ongoing, and even getting applicant files ready for finalization and oaths. It's not the judge who has to do all of the legwork for the oath ceremony, that would be staff.

So, as has been said several times. It's not incompetence if they are meeting their timelines. Quite frankly, if they are finishing the majority of applications (that 85% threshold) before 12 months, they are actually exceeding expectations, not incompetent. That people are impatient with the process or not managing their own expectations properly is not the fault of IRCC staff.
100% agreed, the staff is taking the load but not the judge. We had our Oath yesterday at Scarborough. It is loads of work and judge did told us what is the beong done by staff.

1. The clerk will go through the files one last time to make sure the applicant is ready to take the Oath.
2. The clerk will contact CSIS, RCMP etc. to make sure everything is OK.
3. The clerk will prepare Citizenship Certificates.
4. The clerk will enter the info of each Cotizen in the Government System after the ceremony.

Above is major work which is being done to conduct the ceremony of each applicant. More number of applicants means more work.

I think, they are doing great job. Patience is the key and time will come for everyone.

Good luck.

Reactions: aaamr and sns204

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We had our Oath ceremony yesterday. It took around 45 min to check the documents of all Oath takers and get them settled in the room and 45 min for the ceremony. Judge did praise the staff and told us that they conducted the ceremony of 5,000 from mid November to mid December so that most of the immigrant can see 2018 as Citizens. I think, they are doing great job. The time will come for everyone. Be patient and good luck to everyone waiting for Oath.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
100% agreed, the staff is taking the load but not the judge. We had our Oath yesterday at Scarborough. It is loads of work and judge did told us what is the beong done by staff.

1. The clerk will go through the files one last time to make sure the applicant is ready to take the Oath.
2. The clerk will contact CSIS, RCMP etc. to make sure everything is OK.
3. The clerk will prepare Citizenship Certificates.
4. The clerk will enter the info of each Cotizen in the Government System after the ceremony.

Above is major work which is being done to conduct the ceremony of each applicant. More number of applicants means more work.

I think, they are doing great job. Patience is the key and time will come for everyone.

Good luck.
Great - I believe the Clerk verifies the CSIS and RCMP clearances are still valid and run a last check on FOSS (CIC Information). If the clearances expire, they have to redo them.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
We had our Oath ceremony yesterday. It took around 45 min to check the documents of all Oath takers and get them settled in the room and 45 min for the ceremony. Judge did praise the staff and told us that they conducted the ceremony of 5,000 from mid November to mid December so that most of the immigrant can see 2018 as Citizens. I think, they are doing great job. The time will come for everyone. Be patient and good luck to everyone waiting for Oath.
That's a great explanation as to why this office takes longer than others. Mississauga is even busier, but they are making the timelines. How many people were taking the oath in your session? I assume it was packed in there.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a great explanation as to why this office takes longer than others. Mississauga is even busier, but they are making the timelines. How many people were taking the oath in your session? I assume it was packed in there.
Yes, it was house full and approx. 100 new citizens.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Guys, today got my passport. I asked for express service and gor it in 2 days.

I have one question. Not sure if this is the right thread. I am planning to travel soon for three weeks. I know that it is mandatory that I use Canadian passport when I travel out and in to Canada. But is it mandatory that I use Canadian passport if I am travelling from another third country to any other countries other than Canada and my birth country?

Any ideas?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It’s only mandatory on the way in. If you’re dual, then you use the passport for your country of birth when entering that country. Otherwise, it’s your choice, I believe.

SSB1992

Apr 1, 2018
May Oath dates for Scarborough are finally up on the website. However, still way less than how many Mississauga is holding

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Strangely
When I go on their website, it’s still only showing up to April 28th, whereas I know of someone who has his oath in Scarborough on May 3rd