+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
They hold special ceremonies to celebrate Canada day, and usually invite a larger number of citizenship candidates.

This link on IRCC website says last year there were 55 ceremonies across the country of which 28 were in Ontario. They were all over Toronto and surrounding areas (there were ceremonies in Downtown, East York, North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke as well as other parts of the GTA).

Lets hope everyone with DM doesn't have to wait past July 1st 2018! Given that they typically issue Oath invites 3-4 weeks before the actual ceremony, the wait should really end by 11-Jun-2018 :cool:, that's 6 weeks away...not too bad eh?:cool:
Thanks. This is good to know. Hope we don't have to wait until 11-June-2018 ...

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I know it doesn't help, but in majority of the cases that receive delayed test invites, their oaths are scheduled much faster. Meaning we all will be getting our oaths scheduled around the same time, even if your test is 2 months after someone who applied around the same time as you.

To support this claim, please see the following 4 September applicants processed at Scarborough. Tests were conducted from Jan to even as late as April, but all of them got scheduled for Oath at the same time.

Hope you get your invite soon!

this is correct. I have also seen this behaviour.

Reactions: razerblade

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Did any one receive Oath Invite this week in Scarborough?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Definitely not me... Hope everyone has a nice weekend and we will see the invitations first thing Monday morning!

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018. ( is this normal?) ni test yet... please help
This is very similar to my timeline. Got test invite this week only

Karel0726

Apr 26, 2018
This is very similar to my timeline. Got test invite this week only
Congrats... I’m always checking my email and ecas everyday. I hope I will get test invite soon. I just really don’t know why. I submitted my application same time with my daughter. In process same time as well. But she will have e an next week. I’m just confused

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Normally these special oath ceremonies have a small # of people taking oath.......at cic offices the numbers are higher/normal.
It's appalling how they can't find/appoint a fulltime judge in scarborough. (making it an incompetent office due to lack of oath cermonies)

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Before Canada Day is certainly better...one could use that day off to do something else, like cross the border to "try out" the brand new Canadian passport :)
ভাল পরিকল্পনা...........

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Normally these special oath ceremonies have a small # of people taking oath.......at cic offices the numbers are higher/normal.
It's appalling how they can't find/appoint a fulltime judge in scarborough. (making it an incompetent office due to lack of oath cermonies)
The July 1st ceremonies typically have hundreds of oath-takers. And I think if you looked into it properly, you'd find that Mississauga and Scarborough share judges. It's not likely that it's just as simple as finding more judges. I'm sure the administrative staff in the office has to split time between processing incoming, ongoing, and even getting applicant files ready for finalization and oaths. It's not the judge who has to do all of the legwork for the oath ceremony, that would be staff.

So, as has been said several times. It's not incompetence if they are meeting their timelines. Quite frankly, if they are finishing the majority of applications (that 85% threshold) before 12 months, they are actually exceeding expectations, not incompetent. That people are impatient with the process or not managing their own expectations properly is not the fault of IRCC staff.

Reactions: jsm0085 and aaamr
Mar 21, 2018
Today, after almost 13 months of routine process we finally got our citizenship certificates. It was extremely long and frustrated journey.
We got our test after 11.5 month of waiting. I wish to all of the people here to get the oath asap. I've just wanted to remind you , that you even don't understand how lucky you are. We saw tens of thousands people getting their oath while we waiting for the interview invitation only.
But fortunately all those days are over.

So have a good weekend to all of you and your families. See you as a Canadian Citizens very soon!

Reactions: emamabd and tritu