+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
what do you know about July 1.. somewhere I read there is a big ceremony in Ottawa.. will there be one in Toronto also?
They hold special ceremonies to celebrate Canada day, and usually invite a larger number of citizenship candidates.

This link on IRCC website says last year there were 55 ceremonies across the country of which 28 were in Ontario. They were all over Toronto and surrounding areas (there were ceremonies in Downtown, East York, North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke as well as other parts of the GTA).

Lets hope everyone with DM doesn't have to wait past July 1st 2018! Given that they typically issue Oath invites 3-4 weeks before the actual ceremony, the wait should really end by 11-Jun-2018 :cool:, that's 6 weeks away...not too bad eh?:cool:

Last edited:

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I tried calling CIC today as I wanted to know what to do as I have a surgery scheduled and I wondered how I could get my oath rushed.
Sadly, the recording said there was an unusual number of call and I should try again.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Possible.
cry... I got my GCMS notes today. it indicated I was originally assigned to Miss Office as the primary office but then got moved to Scarborough office as the primary office... :oops:
Note: File transferred to Scarborough IRCC on Jan XX, 2018 as part of work share agreement. bad luck to me....:mad:

Last edited:

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
cry... I got my GCMS notes today. it indicated I was originally assigned to Miss Office as the primary office but then got moved to Scarborough office as the primary office... :oops:
Note: File transferred to Scarborough IRCC on Jan XX, 2018 as part of work share agreement. bad luck to me....:mad:
You are actually lucky, it seems Scarborough processes cases transferred from Mississauga BEFORE its own cases. :confused:

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried calling CIC today as I wanted to know what to do as I have a surgery scheduled and I wondered how I could get my oath rushed.
Sadly, the recording said there was an unusual number of call and I should try again.

Use their web form and tell them about your surgery.
Would be helpful if you provide any kind of evidence if possible.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Other applicants with genuine reasons have got success with the use of their web form.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Yup, I've received my notes, unfortunately it shows no activity after arriving at Scarborough CPC. I guess nobody at Scarborough has looked my file yet...
I know it doesn't help, but in majority of the cases that receive delayed test invites, their oaths are scheduled much faster. Meaning we all will be getting our oaths scheduled around the same time, even if your test is 2 months after someone who applied around the same time as you.

To support this claim, please see the following 4 September applicants processed at Scarborough. Tests were conducted from Jan to even as late as April, but all of them got scheduled for Oath at the same time.

Hope you get your invite soon!

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I know it doesn't help, but in majority of the cases that receive delayed test invites, their oaths are scheduled much faster. Meaning we all will be getting our oaths scheduled around the same time, even if your test is 2 months after someone who applied around the same time as you.

To support this claim, please see the following 4 September applicants processed at Scarborough. Tests were conducted from Jan to even as late as April, but all of them got scheduled for Oath at the same time.

Feel this theory is correct, as I just saw three Oath invite in Ottawa in another post all of a sudden

Reactions: razerblade

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017

Thank you. I hope we can all be in the same ceremony before or on Canada day. ;)

Reactions: razerblade