Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Please any boday answer me...If Scarborough office is very busy...why they transfer people like me from Mississauga office to Scarborough?
I am August applicant.
Thanks
Who knows I guess the person who sent your application to the closest processing centre thought Scarborough is closer to you.

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
That's probably why this thread exists...Scarborough office is "unique" when it comes to Oath :(

A couple of months later, it wouldn't matter to us who got citizenship in 6 or 12 months as all will likely be Canadians by then...its just about how we manage our patience in the interim...but yea, it sucks to see all other officer doing better in the Oath stage :mad:

You are right few months don't make much difference. What is not understandable is ,why applicants with Mississauga address are transferred to Scarborough where there is a huge backlog. September applicants from Mississauga office are already Canadian while Scarborough office is struggling to clear July applicants.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I still have hope you july applicants will get Oath Invite in March Fingers crossed.
Brother, already two of the Mid July applicants got their oath date on April 14th. So no chance for the rest of us to get it in March anymore since they would send invites at least two weeks before. If God wants, may be we can be accommodated in April at least.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Brother, already two of the Mid July applicants got their oath date on April 14th. So no chance for the rest of us to get it in March anymore since they would send invites at least two weeks before. If God wants, may be we can be accommodated in April at least.
It’s sister and I said I hope you guys would get Invite in March so at least you guys could have your Oath in April that’s my wish fingers crossed.

Reactions: Pasi

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Please any boday answer me...If Scarborough office is very busy...why they transfer people like me from Mississauga office to Scarborough?
I am August applicant.
Thanks
because we need more people here in this forum to chat with.. :) just kidding.. absolutely no idea.. we are all scarborough applicants waiting for the invite.. if your fate says scarborough, welcome to the club.

Mar 21, 2018
Here is my story. We are family of 3 living close to Mississauga (Office) submitted application on April 1 2017. According to GCMS notes we passed security clearance by the end of April, and were tagged as "Ready For Test" by the end of May 2017! However Mississauga office didn't process our application and by the end of August 2017 they forwarded it to Scarborough office unfortunately. In Scarborough our application was abandoned for additional 6 month.

Bottom line we just did the test and the interview on this week, and got our status changed to DM,however no chances to finish the process in 12 month.
The call center as usual say's "everything is Ok", and your case gonna be processed longer than 12 month. That is it :(.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Here is my story. We are family of 3 living close to Mississauga (Office) submitted application on April 1 2017. According to GCMS notes we passed security clearance by the end of April, and were tagged as "Ready For Test" by the end of May 2017! However Mississauga office didn't process our application and by the end of August 2017 they forwarded it to Scarborough office unfortunately. In Scarborough our application was abandoned for additional 6 month.

Bottom line we just did the test and the interview on this week, and got our status changed to DM,however no chances to finish the process in 12 month.
The call center as usual say's "everything is Ok", and your case gonna be processed longer than 12 month. That is it :(.
WOW that’s Scarborough office for you, I guess you guys should be the next batch to get Oath Invite let’s hope you all get your process done before the end of April.Good luck.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thanks! Lol yup I have a long way to go. Good luck to you guys, hoping you get yours very soon!
Yes, a lot of "hurry up and wait" in this journey. Now that you're officially in the same ballpark for DM, I'm hoping we get the same oath ceremony. I need a ride... (j/k)

Reactions: razerblade

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maybe this has been said already, but we all talk about the October flooding of applications. I can't help wonder if there was an influx of summer applications when the announcement was made that the new requirements were going to take place in the fall. I know that I first started preparing my application in July, wanting to get ahead of what was sure to be a massive increase in the Fall, and actually had it ready to send. (Wishing I had, obviously, but life and procrastination got in my way.)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
guess everyone is having some constraints and thats what makes us impatient :( i wouldnt mind getting the ceremony late.. if they can setup the schedule and send out the invite, thats all i want.. that would help us plan our tasks.. some of us have renewals, some of us have travels.. everything is on hold until we know the date .. frustrating.
Right, agree...same here, my PR card expired about 2 weeks ago...so i can't travel although my passport is valid.

Thinking, is it actually possible to renew the PR card when we already have DM on the citizenship application? Won't that confuse CIC? Also what if the system decided to issue a random RQ on the PR renewal application - would that impact the ceremony/Oath invite on the Citizenship application in any way?

Not sure how these guys (IRCC) work and therefore i'm even scared to apply for PR renewal if there's a slight chance it can delay the Oath even further..:eek:

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
You are right few months don't make much difference. What is not understandable is ,why applicants with Mississauga address are transferred to Scarborough where there is a huge backlog. September applicants from Mississauga office are already Canadian while Scarborough office is struggling to clear July applicants.
Yes, i think Scarborough seems to be properly staffed from a "Citizenship test" standpoint, and hence they like to help others, but for some reason there is no reciprocity from in the other offices to help Scarborough with the Oath backlog. Its difficult to try and makes sense of how IRCC works..